Situation: Melody and Julia leave for preschool Thursday morning. Melody doesn't pay attention while backing up, veers ever-so-slightly to the right, and the car is stuck in a seemingly harmless snowbank on the side of the driveway.First Attempt: Upon finding she is stuck, Melody turns off the ESC (Electronic Stability Control) as she recalls Jonny telling her to do in such a situation, and wastes gas while trying to budge in any direction. Julia waits patiently while Melody shovels around the car a bit. Futile.

Second Attempt: Melody knocks on neighbor Brian's door, relieved to find he hasn't left for work yet. Neighbor Brian pushes and pushes. Wheels spin recklessly despite efforts, digging holes in the snow and ice.

Third Attempt: Jonny comes home from work (luckily, only a few miles away) with a rope borrowed from another neighbor. Jonny and neighbor Brian hook the car up to Jonny's car. Neighbor Brian probably wonders why Melody is taking pictures. Jonny is not surprised. Julia can't believe there is something besides herself worthy of the camera's attention. From inside, Melody and Julia hear a pop. The rope has slipped off the hitch. Hmmm.

Fourth Attempt: Jonny and neighbor Brian hook up the rope to neighbor Brian's small SUV. Success! Melody thanks Jonny and Neighbor Brian. Julia and Melody make it safely to preschool, and even in time for singing, their favorite part. Melody pledges to be more careful when backing out. Julia agrees to warn Mommy if it looks like they'll run into a mountain of snow.
8 comments:
YIKES! Looks scary, but funny the way you wrote it out. I was wondering what neighbor Brian was wondering about the camera as well. I don't think anyone is surprised when I pull my camera out at any given moment. I am glad you are both safe and well. I hope Julia keep you in line with her warning expressions.
Wow quite the adventure! Glad you two are safe.
When we lived in Provo, getting out of the parking garage required a running start to get up the ramp in the snow and I would always slide down at least once. James would have to come to my rescue to get the car out. Yeah for good neighbors and strong husbands :) The car looks great by the way!
Yes, I consider this to be completely Julia's fault. How could she not warn you! I'm so glad you took pictures as insane as it is. I loved the news report.
This is hilarious. Yesterday, E the Ghost is now posting. I just wanted to share that our ward preparedness specialist just sent out an e-mail telling us to keep kitty litter or cardboard in our car so that if we get stuck, we can put some under the wheels to get out.
My neighbor had to dig my car (looks like yours) out two winters ago. Did a similar thing. He was out shoveling so he came over, shoveled four scoops, and I was out. The sad thing is we hadn't even moved into the house yet.
I must clarify here that when attempted to pull the car out with my car, that the rope didn't break, but slipped off the loop.
The SUV had a bigger hitch.
Oh, excuse me, my love! That is a significant detail, I think I will correct it now!
funny- but you reminded me why I am glad I don't live where it snows although I really miss the seasons. I had several similiar mishaps in Ut. I don't miss them. Glad you are OK.
I wish that blasted snow would stop already! Luckily I haven't had such an opportunity as you yet this year. It is very lucky that Jonny is so close!
Post a Comment