It's been so fun to read about the contents of Cami's, Mom's, and Emily's purses that I decided to accept the tag and do it myself. Right now I LOVE my red purse, and yes, I am one of those people who is always on the lookout for a perfect bag. This one is nearly there.
A little history before I reveal the contents:
Amber gave me this purse as a birthday gift a few years ago. I used the opportunity to announce my pregnancy by saying, "This would be a perfect diaper bag come June." Until then, I used it while student teaching, all the while counting down the months until it would be full of diapers and cheerios. And so it is.
6 Outside Pockets:
-camera, cell phone, small water bottle that doubles as Julia's favorite toy, gum, lotion
3 Inside Pockets:
-small blue ROXY wallet that I hope never falls apart (has a picture of Jonny and me on a mountaintop, SCUBA cert. card, gift cards, and the other usual items - hardly ever has cash), lots of gift cards waiting to be used, check book, Julia's immunization record, pen, 2 bows, bib, Ju's socks, washcloth, hand sanitizer, chapstick (No longer does it leave its mark on the right back pockets of my jeans)
1 Main Compartment:
-burp rag, 3 diapers, wipes, ziploc bags, cheerios, rattle, small book, toy keys, cool crinkle toy, small first aid kit with all the necessities (including teething tablets), binky and binky tag, a cough drop wrapper, a few receipts
Attached:
-silver carabiner holding keys, fingernail clippers, key-less entry remote, Poland key chain (I love having my keys attached this way - never have to search in a pocket)
-I used to ALWAYS have a book. But now Julia keeps me plenty occupied in the checkout lines and elsewhere. Oh, and I usually have an extra outfit. I used it the other day, better put a new one in quick! And I just threw out a snack bag of those pastel mints with the white dots on the bottom. They melted together when my purse was over the heater vent. Oops, I love those.
I tag anyone else interested - it's kind of fun.
11 comments:
I love that bag!! I need one like it. Do you know where it is from?
Fun times! I'm glad you have such a stylish diaper bag. I will have to go that route this time instead of lame-o backpacks and such.
Wicked list. I would say maybe some tic-tacs, but after this weekends foil-eating incident...I'm not sure.
I remember when you first got that purse and brought it to church! Too cute. You are well-stocked!
What a great way to announce your pregnancy. That purse will always hold that memory, even if you stop using it!
As I was reading through your list I thought, hmm that is a lot of stuff. Then I turned to my own purse and realized I probably have about that much too...yikes, we really are moms!
As I was reading through your list I thought, hmm that is a lot of stuff. Then I turned to my own purse and realized I probably have about that much too...yikes, we really are moms!
As I was reading through your list I thought, hmm that is a lot of stuff. Then I turned to my own purse and realized I probably have about that much too...yikes, we really are moms!
Bummer about the mints. Those are good. And I also love the bag. I always have.
That is the best "stylish" diaper bag in the world. Luckily for me Cori got tired out of her's and now I have one too! I have also been the recipient of your bag contents in the past and am very appreciative of your preparedness!
You always seem to be able to reach into that big purse and find the exact thing you need immediately. Maybe it's because you have memorized where everything is. A place for everything and everything in its place, that's you, Melody. I'm going to try that with my purse. Just purposely use the same pocket for the same stuff. I'm always putting things back in the wrong place and then I can't find them.
Post a Comment