But for a month or so now we have been able to get through many board books. Naturally she still loves to grab these, but no longer are they only chew toys! She will help me turn the pages and stare at each one for some time. And the biggest excitement happened a week or two ago. I sat her on the floor with her favorite book (an animal one with fuzzy parts that she likes to feel) and she looked at it for nearly 1/2 hour! She just sat there, turning the pages over and over again. And she never once put the book in her mouth. I am so proud of my little book worm. Now try to imagine my excitement when we can read normal books together again...
Friday, February 29, 2008
book worm once more
But for a month or so now we have been able to get through many board books. Naturally she still loves to grab these, but no longer are they only chew toys! She will help me turn the pages and stare at each one for some time. And the biggest excitement happened a week or two ago. I sat her on the floor with her favorite book (an animal one with fuzzy parts that she likes to feel) and she looked at it for nearly 1/2 hour! She just sat there, turning the pages over and over again. And she never once put the book in her mouth. I am so proud of my little book worm. Now try to imagine my excitement when we can read normal books together again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Jack just barely started being interested in stories...It's even more fun when they start to bring you their favorite ones and start to say words in the book! we should have a play date some time and go to the orem library for story time...I heard it's great!
Awesome times. My kids go in and out of book phases. After the eating comes the ripping. But they always come back to just reading them eventually. We have so many we don't know what to do with them!! I want a facing-out bookshelf.
She is so adorable, Melody. You are such a great mom!
What a good mom! I really want my kids to be interested in books, I think kids who do are smarter. (take you for example :) )
That is so great! What an awesome idea to collect books for future children. I should probably get on board so I don't have to buy them all at once!
Cuteness. I love your baby. She is ever so smart and precious. I am sure your baby will love to read just as her mommy did as a child.
I have the perfect book for her. It's called "A, You're Adorable." It's even a board book I think. I hunt it up.
I think you are the child of mine who used to kiss the pages of books as you turned them! You were about 1 1/2.
I need to buy more children's books.I think I have two to my name, one of them from you. She looks so studious reading that book. And I LOVE the clip. I need to see more of those cubby cheeks. PLEASE post more pictures!!!
She is definately a genious. I can see she is going to be very studious like her mommy!
Post a Comment