While packing for a little weekend get-a-way, Julia decided she'd help by packing her own stuff. I told her to put some jammies and underwear in her backpack. She put those, and a few more things:
-a book (I certainly never go on a trip without a book myself)
-a stuffed sheep for her friend "Omi" (Naomi) who would be at the cabin
-a sippy cup, freshly filled with cold water
-a toy taco from her kitchen (a snack?)
-a jar of jalapeno jelly (I had set it out to pack with the food)
-a shirt for mommy (She said, "Mom, I packed yers green stripe shirt. So you just tell me when you want to wear it and I will get it for you.")
I thought it was a nice assortment of essentials.
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That girl is prepared for anything! She must've recently watched One Fine Day and saw how great it was to have a bad full of misc. useful items.
Hopefully the next bag she'll be packing will be to come visit Aunt Mimi.
I loved that she packed for you.
What a cute girl.
This is so cute- what a thoughtful little girl you have! I would love to run the first dam race, this is kind of an expensive hobby isn't it? LOL- I love it though. Thanks for reminding me!
Hey Melody- So I am not doing the First Dam, I would but I'm cheap and Braden isn't even going to be in town, I know it's dumb but I don't want to spend 20.00 on a race that I'm just going to by myself? But now I know when it is and I can go next year ( this is a tradition for you right? ) Those are my thoughts, maybe I'll still do it . . . if I don't see you, know I'm thinking of you and hope you have a great time!!
Mel- Good for you for writing in a complaint, maybe I will do that to ( on principle!! ) that is just kind of a rip off, especially if you want to do it with a spouse, 50 bucks for a 5k? What a great idea your sister had, I read your comment on Megan's blog and I think that is brilliant! Maybe we should start a Second Dam Race on that same day that says: A better dam race with better dam price! I'm sorry it's so much, I hope you have a great time anyway :) Someday the stars will align and I will see you at a race, thanx for the invite!!
Mel- Good for you for writing in a complaint, maybe I will do that to ( on principle!! ) that is just kind of a rip off, especially if you want to do it with a spouse, 50 bucks for a 5k? What a great idea your sister had, I read your comment on Megan's blog and I think that is brilliant! Maybe we should start a Second Dam Race on that same day that says: A better dam race with better dam price! I'm sorry it's so much, I hope you have a great time anyway :) Someday the stars will align and I will see you at a race, thanx for the invite!!
Seriously she is so dang cute! I love that she packed a taco LOL. Reese picks out clothes for me and I have to find a new excuse every time for why I can't bring it
Awesome that she packed something for you too! That's nice.
Post a Comment