Julia loves dressing up as a witch. I told her she was a nice witch, but she corrected me in that she is a "meeeeeean witch."
No, I did not make her dress. I actually bought it at a consignment sale a few years ago, thinking it would be great for a costume someday. But I did buy the ribbons for her sash to match her hat. They were held in place with double-stick tape, but I have since sewn them together with the beautiful new sewing machine Jonny surprised me with for my birthday! (Yes, sewing ribbons together must be the simplest thing in the world. But as a brand new seamstress who is just learning how to wind a bobbin, I was thrilled with my first project! Oh brother.)
And of course there is a ridiculous amount of pictures that I have put into a slide show. I just love the different expressions and Gabe's constant attempts to escape, so I had to document them here.
While I'm posting I might as well share a video of Gabe dancing at preschool today. He figured out how to push play on the CD player so he can jam whenever he's in the mood. (Don't forget to check out his bed-head from his nap. And if you listen closely you can hear Julia singing the clean-up song at the beginning of the video. I just noticed one more thing in the background. That poor dragon is getting beat up by Mario! Where was the teacher during all of this?! Oops.)
11 comments:
Darling Witch hat! I love it! Julia makes an adorable witch...even if she is meeean :)
And Gabe the Candycorn. What a doll.
Love the pictures.
Darling! Too bad you're going out of town for the weekend... the Fish out of Water 5k is Saturday! And it doesn't start until 9:00am! Those are darling kids... but I think my favorite part of the whole post is the Mario beating the dragon. I had to rewind to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me:)
These are the BEST. Gabe as a candy cern is just as good as Juju! He is so funny. I love his dancing, the the punching in the back makes it even more hilarious. And Julia's headband is PERFECT! Good find!
So cute! And SO SO SO jealous of your sewing machine.
She looks darling!! What an adorable costume! And good going on the sash, I got a sewing machine for my birthday and I swear sewing is the most complicated thing in the world- I've had mine for a year now and still struggle winding the bobbin!
wow!! such cute costumes!!! Both are ADORABLE!! Good work! That candycorn costume is so dang funny! SO cute!
SOOOOO cute! love that hat on her
I am totally impressed by your sewing! I, probably not surprisingly ;) have absolutely zero talent in that department... I'm excited to see what you create ;)
What a great buy that dress was! It's perfect with the headband. And I thought Juju was the cutest candy corn of all time, but Gabe is giving her a run for her money. I wish I could give those kids a giant Halloween hug. And nice job using the sewing machine already. It's probably going to come in handy quite a bit.
Mel!!!!!! I must must get more info on this race you speak of! I would love to run it! Let me know! What is the distance, price, is there a shirt involved?? Oh my goodness this could be some serious fun!
Holy MOLY, how did I NEVER SEE these costumes? Juju is the cutest. I dibs that next year. DARLING!
Post a Comment