Tuesday, October 5, 2010

my claim to fame:

I don't know when or where I was awarded this, but I must have thought it was pretty special because I found it among some select things I had preserved from my elementary school days.

I have never claimed to be a great bowler. (Please don't ask Jonny what my score was on one of our first dates. He will certainly remember and it is certainly embarrassing.) But was the mother of the birthday party who was writing the certificates (a guess as to where it may have come from) really so strapped for award titles that this is all she could come up with? Or was my ball actually impressively slow?

Either way, now that my ball has picked up a little speed I've really got nothing going for me in the bowling alley. Hopefully I don't get invited to any bowling birthday parties anytime soon.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

When we did the competition to see who was the worst bowler - who won?
I am pretty sure I would be the worst bowler now, if I wasn't then.

Drew said...

I'm a very embarrassingly bad bowler. Once I had a bad experience and vowed never to bowl again, but then when I was a missionary I kind of had to, lest I be labeled a party poop. Now I go with Julie and she doesn't judge me, so I guess there's a happy end to this tale after all. That's the best bowling award ever.

Jules said...

You can come bowling with us any old time--there will be no cause for shame then!

Megan and Taj said...

:) That is seriously the best!! I know the feeling Mel... Taj took a bowling class once and is dang good. I am dang good at getting my ball in the gutter!! I think my award would have read... "Best Gutter Ball Ever" or something like that! Good times!

Emily said...

I HATE bowling. It always sounds fun and festive, and then I end up making a fool of myself, and feeling like a failure. That award seems kind compared to the award I would get. How funny that you found it. What a gem.

Lindsey Bench said...

I hope I am the kind of mom who writes things like that at my kids birthday parties.

Cami said...

HA! Awesome. Too bad you don't know what it's from.

Anonymous said...

Ha!