Julia and Jonny just returned home from the driving range. After they watched a little golf on TV, Julia said, "Daddy, maybe, maybe when I am older I go golfing with you. And be yours friend." Apparently she picked up that all golfers have a friend, or caddy, with them when they golf.
Well, Daddy couldn't wait until his little golf friend grew older, so they immediately headed to the range by our house. She had a blast. And I'm sure Jonny didn't mind whacking at a bucket of balls either.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is adorable. Chris loves to golf and maybe one day I'll have a kid that wants to be his caddy. Too cute.
Yeah, maybe I should have taken you with me to the range . . .
And did you know the origin of the term "caddy"? Originally when the queen took time to golf, she brought along some cadets to carry her clubs for her, which eventually shortened to caddy. The things one learns in the National Portrait Gallery!
Cool, Drew. I also learned that there were fore-caddies as well who would be ahead to watch where the ball went when hit. When the stuck ball was heading towards a fore-caddy the golfer would yell at them to watch out, "Fore-caddy", which was shortened to "Fore!"
Post a Comment