Friday, August 8, 2008

$1 books

Julia, like most toddlers, loves books. I bet she'd sit on my lap as we read board books for an hour. But she is picky about her books. She goes through stages of favorites. (For instance, the pictured Five Little Ducks book was rejected for months. Just recently, she has taken it up again and adores it.) To cater to the finicky little girl, we need more than a few board books. That's why I love the bargain aisles at Target. (For those of you who haven't discovered them yet, there is usually a little clump of aisles at the front of the store with seasonal, fun items for $1 or $2.50) They have the greatest little board books. They usually have flaps on the pages-which Julia loves. The books are flimsier than your usual board books, but well worth the $1 you pay. I often buy them in doubles or triples, since they make great gifts. Now Julia has a many options each time we sit down to read. And her library grows with nearly each trip to Target.

Disclaimer: neither of the pictured books were purchased at Target. But I believe they were purchased at Ross and Big Lot's, other great places to find good deals on books.

7 comments:

Emily said...

What a cute little squirt. Loves books, just like her mommy. Were you the one that would kiss the pictures? You should teach her that soon. And, I love the hair-do.

Woods said...

I love going to Target for that very reason! I can't believe how big she looks in her carseat! She's beautiful!

Cami said...

Oh, how I love the dollar board books. They have saved me many a time!

Unknown said...

She's growing and taking on the world now that she's walking.

mylittlegems said...

ha- I just bought some $1 books at Target today- I hate how I spend $20 in the $1 section there-but Target always makes me so happy! I love this photo- we have one almost identical- of Landon reading like that in the car when he was Julia's age. She is a very photogenic little cutie!

Matt said...

She's such a studious little girl.

Marc, Kelly & Kristen said...

Thanks so much for the info on the books! I'm definitely going to check out Target. Kristen absolutely loves the flap books that you got her for her birthday. She won't let us read her any of her old books now..just the cute lift-the-flaps. Thanks again!