Thursday, July 3, 2008

This Tag:

Um, since I am a little lazy I copied and pasted Em's so I could keep a few that apply to me as well. Plus, I don't have to think so hard this way. Thanks, Em!

20 years ago I:
  1. Was 3 years old.
  2. Wore a string bikini with stars on it (or maybe I was younger when I wore that). Yes, this was one of Em's that I liked. So there.
  3. Sang a solo at my preschool graduation.
  4. Played with a doll as big as I was. (Remember that doll, Em?)
  5. Cried because Mom said I could only have half a piece of cake like the rest of the family was having. (And yes, this is caught on tape.)
10 years ago I:
  1. Was 13 and in 8th grade.
  2. Thought capri pants were silly. I bought some the next year and have loved them ever since.
  3. Was thrilled when chosen to read the part of Anne Frank in our class reading of the play.
  4. Actally enjoyed "Fun Run" Wednesdays in P.E. class. Started running on my own.
  5. Started a Christmas Eve Eve tradition with Jill, Marianne, and Emily that we still do. (Thanks again, Em.)
5 years ago I:
  1. Graduated from LPHS. I loved high school and was sad to say goodbye, but also very excited for the future.
  2. Went to BYU where I lived with the best roommates a person could ever wish for. Missed Em (at Utah State) every day. Established my own identity for the first time in my life: A bitter-sweet experience.
  3. Met Jonny in ASL class. Started to crush on him when he sang aloud (yes, in silent ASL class) the "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12..." song from Sesame Street.
  4. Learned the phonetic alphabet.
  5. Spent three weeks with Em and Turpins in Maryland. Loved running under the tall trees along the gorgeous paths that surround Cami's neighborhood. Did a lot of thinking on those runs. (Actually 4 years ago, thanks for the correction, Cami!)
3 years ago I:
  1. Married Jonny and began the live the happiest part of my life so far.
  2. Flew to Indiana with Jonny to meet his Grandma, Aunt Barb, and Uncle Dan. Fell in love with them and Brown County.
  3. Was sad when Em said she'd never like that KC kid - he seemed pretty cool. Was very happy when she finally fell for him.
  4. Jonny and I sold my car and bought a scooter.
  5. Loved my summer job as an aid with Merideth in the Mitton home, helping Allison with her then 8-year-old triplets, two with severe cerebral palsy. Worked with the amazing family the next summer and babysat with Jonny on Friday nights.
So far this year I:
  1. Celebrated my darling's first birthday.
  2. Bought a beautiful home in a very pleasant neighborhood.
  3. Took my two best friends to Disneyland for the first time.
  4. Enjoyed seeing my little sister and her new husband get happily married.
  5. Hike and bike and run with my baby - who knew we could do so much together!?
Yesterday I:
  1. Visited the Mitton triplets and loved the feeling of summers past at their home.
  2. Bought a badminton set.
  3. Forgot to buy some draino because I was so excited about the badminton set.
  4. Made stuffed tomatoes for dinner, using fresh herbs from my garden.
  5. Put up the badminton net, only to be disappointed that it was too windy to play.
Today I:
  1. Efficiently cleaned both bathrooms in just under 30 minutes. Nap times are precious and must be used very wisely.
  2. Ate a wrap made with spinach from my garden. Awesome.
  3. Watched Barney with Julia. She nearly watched the whole episode sitting (well, actually, standing) there on the couch. (I'd prefer the Backyardigans but we only have an antenna providing basic channels to keep us entertained around here!)
  4. Will put Julia in her little pool where she will most likely sit contently with her sunglasses on.
  5. Will enjoy this early weekend night with Jonny. We will probably weed, eat watermelon, and play badminton - weather permitting.
Tomorrow I will:
  1. Go on an early bike ride with Jonny and Julia.
  2. Go on an afternoon hike with the fam.
  3. Hopefully nap in between the two.
  4. Eat pie at my Uncle Barry's annual Pie Bake-Off picnic.
  5. Celebrate how lucky we are to live in this incredible country.
In the next year I will:
  1. Lay sod on the half of our backyard that isn't finished yet.
  2. Go on more dates with my handsome husband.
  3. Visit Maryland and Indiana family, hopefully.
  4. Make more time to read. I love it - sometimes I forget how much I love it.
  5. Iron Jonny's shirts. I never seem to remember to do that. And he appreciates it so.

4 comments:

Cami said...

It was NOT 5 years ago that you were here???? Was it?? That is seriously crazy. That would mean Ethan was JUST born. No, it was at least only 4 years ago. Whatev.

So are you truly coming again? Fun times. I like badmitton, let's play. Someday we'll live by you and the baby J.s will be great cousin friends and we will all have fun.

melody said...

Cami, you are definitely correct. It was four years ago! Thanks for the heads up. I will make a note of it!

Emily said...

Now I can copy and paste yours in my blog and keep a few that I can relate to. I really hope we can find a good flight for you. I mean REALLY!

Woods said...

What? How come I didn't know about the preschool solo? I need to see it if it's on tape. How funny. You've always been a good singer. Sounds like you've had some fun times!