Wednesday, July 16, 2008

And She's Off!

Julia is truly a toddler now. Yesterday we left her with Lili and Jeff while we went out on a little date. When we retrieved our silly girl, Lili nonchalantly reported that she'd been busy walking across the room. WHAT!!?? As far as we were concerned, she was still at the only-taking-a-few-wobbly-steps-between-us stage. Still very surprised and a little skeptical (across the room, come on) I took their word for it, but I was anxious to see it myself. So this morning we tried it out. And here you have it:
Oh, one thing. She didn't turn out as many tricks on this video as the last one (besides the incredible toddling skills), despite my annoying efforts to get her to show her signing. If you get bored of my suggestions for her to sign, most of which she ignores, be sure to skip to last few seconds. I love her pretty little face filling up the screen.



Lili and Jeff, I am very sorry to have doubted you. (And you too, Julia.) You guys must have some kind of magical powers. (I believe she finally learned to "toss it" another time when we left her with you??!) Or maybe she really wants to impress you. Whatever the reason, thanks for helping her to get going. Hey, maybe I will bring her over when it's time to potty train...

11 comments:

Chris said...

That's awesome! Go Julia! You guys ready for this? Got everything tied down? Now it REALLY begins! :)

Jonny said...

WOW... so amazing i can see this while i'm at work. So amazing!

emilie s. d. p. said...

She is SO dang cute! I love the video, her face and expressions are so adorable. GO JULIA!!

Good luck to you guys too, now she can really start getting into everything! :o)

Jana said...

OH Melody she is so cute. SO fun!

Cami said...

You ARE confusing her by having her sign all her stuff without giving it to her!! She is the most darling. Way to go on that walking!! I shall show to the boys now.

Lili and Jeff said...

Well, we do what we can. We have an advanced baby-learning program we are working on, and the results are more than we had hoped for! Go Julia. I was also very proud yesterday, when you guys came to pick up your baby, and when Jonny was holding her, she reached out to come back to me, then waved bye-bye to you guys. Jeff and I will baby sit for you any time.

melody said...

Yes, Cami, it is true! But don't worry, we usually promptly reinforce her signing. Oh brother, what we do to catch these little ones on camera!

Woods said...

How fun! You will be chasing her around and loving every minute of it. She's a doll. There is nothing cuter then those first steps!!

Marianne said...

oh...my...gosh. I want one. she is absolutely amazing. Paul and I were just reminiscing about how we saw her and held her when she was just barely barely born. and now look at her! talking and walking!
and... after our embarrassing loss in mad gab (gasp) we have decided to challenge you two to a tennis match.

Amber said...

That is the cutest! I can't believe she is just growing right up before our very eyes. It's funny how it just happens one day! Before you know it your first born will be a teenager in 8th grade and then what will you do? I love you Baby Ju Ju!

Lili and Jeff said...

I guess the time has come! Bring her over now, we will go straight from diapers to panties. Skip this pull-up nonsense.