

This past week was Eagle Mountain's Pony Express Days. We decided to participate in a few of the events, since we are residents and all. On rainy, windy Saturday morning we ran the 5k. Since I have been running around here the past few weeks, I have come up with so many awesome routes. I wondered just what they'd chose for the race. Well, sadly they chose a rather boring one that turned two corners, went down a very long street, then came right back uphill against the wind for the last half. (I always prefer a loop rather than a there-and-back. Who wants to see the same things again on the way back?) Anyway, it was a really fun race despite the not-so-creative route and cold rain. I, for one, love to run in the rain. I am afraid that Julia may have been chilly, though. Jonny offered to push her so I could run without a stroller for a change. I was so proud when my my two loves were less than a minute behind me!

Later in the day we went to the carnival. We walked around, sampled fresh-squeezed apple juice, decided to buy a treat for the festivity of it, changed our minds when neither of us were hungry, very briefly watched some little girls dance on the stage to a ridiculously inappropriate song (WHY!!!??? I have seen two too many skanky dance groups lately. What are the instructors and parents thinking!?), watched people go on the rides that have such original names as "Fun Slide,"and made our way back home. (No, we didn't ride any rides. Julia probably wouldn't have been all that impressed, and the tickets were $1 each. Most rides required at least 3 tickets. Watching other people get dizzy is more fun sometimes, anyway!)
So that was that. Local city celebration weeks have begun. And with them, the 5k races. Summer is officially here.
8 comments:
Good for you guys! I'm so impressed. Seriously, I have been making an attempt to run in the mornings this summer and I often think of how disciplined you are and how I really want to be more like that, especially when my bed feels so warm. You're a great example!
It sounds fun. I wish we were there to join in. I might have to take up running when I get home just so I can see you. I would love it. Julia is so lucky to have such a cute mom!
That is great that your town has a 5k and fun routes to run. Julia is bound to be a great runner with you two as parents!
Nice Fun Slide. I'm so jealous.
It's so funny to see Julia all bundled up like it's winter! We are all dying of heat around here in 95 degrees plus humidity. I would think about doing some races this year, but I just don't want to brave the heat. If they did treadmill races, I'd be in!
I am very sorry to hear abour the boring 5k route...I am afraid if I was a runner I would not be able to enjoy myself without an ipod or something to keep me entertained. I am also sorry that you had to watch a bunch of skanked out little girls dance inappropraitely...I bet it's their mothers trying to live vicariously through them!
Unfortunatly, the only Pony Express Days we participated in was watching the Parade from our bedroom window Saturday morning. Myles has such boring parents! I would say that if you are ever looking for a running buddy let me know, but I'm positive I would slow you down. How about a walk someday?
Well, look at you two, all involved in community activities. How nice. Except for the provocative children dancing. I confess curiosity as to the song choice. But I digress.
yeah for 5ks! I think we've done 4 so far this summer- and we're excited to see you at Strawberry Days!
Post a Comment