Friday, May 9, 2008

welcoming the newest J...


My sister Cami gave birth to her darling baby Jane on Tuesday! We are all so thankful everything went well and the littlest Turpin made it here in a timely manner.

I love the name Jane. And it seems that J is a popular first initial in our family. Jonny and I were tallying it up the other night. Let's see, From Julia's standpoint there's: Great Grandma Julie, Nana Jan, Uncle Jake, Daddy Jonny, soon to be Uncle Jeff, and cousins Jordan, Jackson, Jillian, Jefferson, Julia herself, and now Jane. That's 6 out of 9 cousins with J names! And for Julia, there are even more on Jonny's side. She has a Grandpa Jeff, Uncle Joe, Uncle Jesse, Aunt Jerichoe, Great Uncle Joe, and Great Uncle Jack. We'll see if she can keep them all straight!

P.S. No root canal for me! The wisdom teeth are out and everything is just fine. I hardly even swelled up and with all the medications I was prescribed, I was quite comfortable and drowsy. The actual removal of the teeth wasn't so fun. I never expected so many shots! See Brian Reagan's doctor material and you will know why I had to laugh to myself when the dentist kept saying, "Now you are going to feel a little pressure."

7 comments:

Drew said...

Yay, no root canals! I'm glad you're feeling better.

And we DO have a lot of J names, don't we? Most of the ones I'm thinking of aren't Js, so maybe the trend will end one day.

Woods said...

Oh I'm so glad you survived your wisdom teeth removal. And congrats to Cami. Jane is my all time favorite name for a girl. I love it, short and sweet.

Sarah said...

I have the name Jane too - that is on Ariel and my list of baby names we like.
And yay for no root canal!

Lili and Jeff said...

OMG, so many J's. Good thing I decided to follow the trend as well! It will be perfect when I name my son Jimmy!

James and Danielle said...

So glad the wisdom teeth was no problem and congrats on no root canal and the newest member of the family!

Cami said...

That is a little crazy. We didn't mean to. If we have another girl we'll have an E probably, so at least we're safe from another J.

I'm glad you don't have to do a root canal. That would have been no fun.

Drew said...

Ooh, but beware... I have a couple of E names up my sleeve... But I guess you snooze, you lose.