Thursday, May 29, 2008

recent events

The past two weeks have been quite the whirlwind of activity. Most of our time was spent preparing and celebrating the marriage of my youngest sister Elise and her sweet husband Jeff. Congrats, you newlyweds! Because of the wedding, my twin sister Emily was in town. Jonny, Julia, and I were the lucky ones who got to have her stay with us in our home for nearly two weeks! We miss her cooking and company, but are happy she is back with her love in Maryland. We also loved seeing my sister Cami and meeting darling Baby Jane. Hopefully we will meet again before she is too much bigger. It is my ongoing experience that those little ones grow quite rapidly. (Julia was a giant next to little Jane! Is she even still classified as a baby!?)

The following are nearly the only pictures I have of the eventful past two weeks! I left the picture-taking up to Emily and her deluxe camera. I will also leave the details of our fun-filled weeks up to her and her mad blogging skills. Pictured below: 1)Katy and Emily after Katy's dance recital - hence the makeup! 2) Julia playing on a chair in the mother's lounge before Lili and Jeff's luncheon. 3) Jonny waiting to cross busy main street with the pizza while we three hungry girls waited in the car. I told you the pictures were sparce!
Among all this excitement, we have managed to plant our first garden. We are both rather inexperienced, but Jonny's mom is a pro so we know just where to turn for help! I can't wait to see if anything actually grows. I admit that I am a little skeptical - could food really grow in my backyard?? Well, one little strawberry has given us some hope!
Also, we enjoyed a lovely picnic and bocce game with the Springers and McCallisters last evening. Thanks for the fun idea, Jill. It's so nice to get out of the house and socialize!

Ha! I was just catching up on past posts on Emily's blog and I noticed one of them with the same title as this one. Not that it is original or anything. But sometimes twin powers are evidenced in even the most ordinary things.

And one more thing. Today Julia was "talking on the phone" to a cheerio at each ear! (see previous post.)

3 comments:

Cami said...

Yes, twin powers activate! Nice three pictures. Actually, they are not that great at all. But neverfear, I think I took about three myself. Silly. There were just so many cameras around and my hands were full!

James and Danielle said...

How fun! You guys have been very busy indeed. I am impressed with the garden, good luck! Also, I love Julia's face in the last pic. She does not look too pleased that Melody is holding another baby!

Woods said...

That looks so fun! I bet it was a blast to have your twin sis stay with you. Julia is as cute as ever, oh, and you look so SO SO SKINNY!! fill me in on your secret. You look great!!