These are three things that have been on my mind this week. First of all, The Moontstone by Wilkie Collins. I loved this book. I had borrowed it from Mom months ago and finally sat down to begin it last week. I do love to read, but it's not usually my first choice leisure activity - unless I am into a very captivating and worthwhile book. Needless to say, I finished this one in a week, reading during most all of Julia's naps and other spare time. I laughed out loud (ask Jonny) at the witty writing and was amazed at the character development that can be done through first-hand accounts. Read this! And then call me and we'll talk about how a movie must be made of it starring Ewan McGregor as Franklin Blake.And now, Rice Pudding. This may just be my ultimate comfort food. But of all the varieties I have tried, I love my mom's rice pudding with raisins the very best. (Although, the pudding you made with vanilla soy milk, Matt, is a close second! Can I get that recipe?? And I have been to that Pudding on the Rice place in Prov
And lastly, Julia's new hat. The pictures speak for themselves. Thanks Matt, Cortnie, and Jack! She is stylin' now. (Oh, and thanks to Great Grandma Rejholec for the pink dress.)

P.S. What is the matter with Mary Jane? Rice Pudding for dinner again??! Bring it on! (If you aren't sure what I'm referring to, see A.A. Milne's poem "What is the Matter with Mary Jane?)
8 comments:
YAAA! First comment! I love when you post pictures in the Sunday clothes since we never see you at that time! I also am a fan of the rice pudding, but the kids just like it (not love it). A while ago I made it with brown rice that was left over, and it wasn't too bad! I am going to try it with the soy milk next. Ally will surely love it then!!
Whoa Amber. Try to contain your excitement.
I love the pictures or the chubby boo boo. I feel like we are somewhat together since we both made rice pudding. It's like we are eating it together.
Hooray, the hat is starting to fit! Excellent photos. Quite possibly the cutest baby ever. (pronounce the .) Or at least a tie with Elise.
With all this talk of Riced Pudding, I'm definitely making some tonight. I will try the recipe Emily posted.
Pretty in pink! She is quiet the fashionista. I must admit however that I have never had rice pudding. Is it more pudding or rice?
Oh and how do you change the header to your blog? Very nice new design.
Well, of course, she is darling. And I hope you made rice pudding WITHOUT rasins, because that always ruined it for me.
So, Moonstone. YES, Ewan. But more importantly, who will be Betteredge? Do NOT watch the Master Piece Theater one, it was horrible and very boring. Mostly because Betteredge was a total bore. He is my favorite character.
It seems as though everyone made rice pudding. It must be the winter treat of choice:) I think, and I may be wrong, that I may have given that darling child of yours the shoes that are on her feet? They are awfully cute, whoever gave them to her:) I've finally put up the pictures from out game night.
I laughed out loud about your mom's rice pudding recipe! I love my mom's recipe and she says the exact same thing when I ask for it. Sadly, I have yet to come up with the same level of comfort and yumminess. good job!
Post a Comment