1. Where did you meet your husband?
I transferred into ASL 102 at the last minute during my second semester as a freshman at BYU. I walked into a classroom where I saw a boy with lots of hair (my first thought) surrounded by several girls. Later, the rest of the class trickled in - all girls except for Jonny. It wasn't until the last week of the semester that we began dating. And it wasn't until I heard him singing that counting song from Sesame Street that I had felt a crush coming on. Below is a class picture.
Upon walking into the classroom on the above mentioned day, I believe I said, "Is this ASL 102?" I remember him smiling and answering cheerfully in the affirmative. Other than that, we didn't talk at length (or sign, for that matter) until a few months later. A few times he told me he liked my flip-flops. A pick up line? If so, I didn't catch on.
3. Where was your first date?
Well, the first "hang out" was bowling when the planned country dancing was canceled. But that was three girls an
Oh man, this is turning out to be so long. We'll see if I can briefly answer the next few.
4. Where was your first kiss?
His car - little, semi-beat-up white laser. (Mom said, upon seeing him drive up to meet the fam for the first time, "Oh, he drives a sports car!!??") We were listening to a Beatles CD. He finally leaned in during "Eight Days a Week." I hadn't been kissed since I was 16. On the phone, Em (who had never met him) told him I was "a tough cookie" and to kiss me all he wanted. Well!
5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
We met in January of 2004, started dating in April, were engaged in February 2005, and were married May 2005. It was the perfect amount of time for me. Meanwhile, Jonny was very patient.

6. Where did you get engaged?
Bird watching in AF Canyon. It was snowy and Jonny's knee got wet. Luckily, not in vain. (The picture doesn't reflect how I felt about his marriage proposal. I was just clumsy.)
7. Where did you get married?
Mount Timanogos Temple, May 21, 2005. It was a perfect day. We only have about 1,000 pictures to remember it by.
I love you, Jonny! I can't wait until you get home, my amazing boy.
I tag whoever wants to take us on a stroll down memory lane. I'd love it if Grandpa wrote a little about his courtship with Grandma Julie. What do you say, Grandpa????
5 comments:
Very fun. Although it does say a lot about our generation's need for self-documentation that you took a picture of the ring in the toilet before you fished it out!! HA! I was hoping you'd write about Jonny's first thought about the ASL class . ..
I suppose I knew most of that. I loved it though. Didn't it make you miss him even more!? I am so glad you found Jonny. You are much cuter than all those other girls, so no wonder he didn't pay attention to any of them. It's a great story.
Wow, I never knew all of that interesting stuff about you two. How fun!! I love the way he did everything, very creative. And for him to get a kiss, wow, that's all I can say. You guys have the cutest happiest little family.
You guys are so fun. Dancing and stuff like that. Please teach Jeff to do such things like dancing. Then we can have fun times together. I never thought of it, but you guys had a very similar engagement to Jeff's and mine!
A perfect love story!
Post a Comment