This is the question I wake up asking myself lately. Julia and I have really enjoyed running in the mornings the past several months. But now that the air is so much crisper - especially before the sun comes up - I just don't know if we can continue this. I mean, I love running in the cold. Julia, however, doesn't work up the sweat that I do. I have been thinking about going early in the morning - before she wakes up and while Jonny is still home. But man, that might require more will power than I currently possess! I suppose if I had the money and space, I'd invest in a treadmill. Then there's always the rec center track. But the AF rec charges $1.25 just to run on their tiny track! Hmmm, I just don't know. Perhaps I will have to retire my running shoes until the weather is nice again? What do you other moms do to get your exercise in?
Here is Julia all bundled up for our run. Yeah, she doesn't look too thrilled.
11 comments:
I can't really help you because was not the most faithful exerciser, until lately. I have never liked running so I have to get my exercise in other ways. Before I got the elliptical which I dearly love, I liked pilates but lack space here to stretch out on the ground. Maybe that is your winter choice. I also like to jump rope, but again, no space. Or there's also Billy Blanks???
Jump roping is a great idea. And I could pull out those kick boxing videos that I used to do! Thanks, Em!
When Savannah was under two I got fleece bunting for her and she was so toasty warm and never got cold in it. So if you didn't want to forfeit running outisde you could try that and see if she gets cold. I bet the one I have would fit Julia soon, I think it's 16-22 lbs.
So, they've got these lovely plastic bubbles to go over your stroller and keep the puppykins warm. Also, the above mentioned fleece buntin. You should invest.
I, however, HATE running in the cold, so I do exercises inside during those months, if I can't go to the gym.
Well, I'm not much help at all. I would say to take advantage of the chance to have a break. That's so bad to say!!
you know how I use to be a huge runner?? Well with 2 little ones- it isn't quite happening...I run for 20-30 min. every other day when Aaron is off work. I do workout videos during naps and step aerobics- but it just doesn't happen everyday because somedays I end up holding the baby all day since he won't let me put him down...ugh....oh well.
I have a gym membership to keep my sanity. 20 bucks a months seems a small price to pay for me to take 40 minutes three times a week to work out. my gym has unlimited daycare access for an five extra dollars a month...or you could bust out the billy blanks, I'm sure julia would love to watch!!
oh mel- my blog address changed to springerthree.blogspot
I don't have much advice, but I will say your baby looks SOOO cute!
I don't have kids... and am not the most faithful exerciser. But I know Hannah does workout videos during the nap time.
Melody-
my treadmill (with tv to watch during) is open to you anytime! Feel free to come and use it early morning, late afternoon, middle-of-the-night or when ever- Mostly this is a bribe to get to see Julia. But really, our small "gym" is free and open to you 24 hours.
Cortnie
That is a darling picture. I'm sure it is too cold since my Ipod won't even work that last few times I ran outside. It just says there is no battery power and turns of. Majically, later it turns on in the house. Dang, I love running outside too, but without the tunes? I might not have the will power I need either! You should come run during kid fittness with me sometime. Allyson would love it and there are always ladies with the strollers!
Post a Comment