Julia is doing great. She is eating very well and all signs of Jaundice have gone. (Her bilirubin level dropped dramatically when she stared eating so well.) She sleeps most of the day and some of the night. She is just a healthy, happy baby. And we are healthy, happy parents. (I am feeling very good. I try to nap when she sleeps but it's difficult because that is my time to get things done! But I am taking it easy.)
Yes, she looks like a perfect angel in these pictures. And she really is, don't get me wrong. But there is more to this sleeping beauty than meets the eye. Ha, that was actually a pun, considering that I am about to write about how she not only spit up in my face yesterday, but contents from her hind parts were also spewed out upon my body. (She got me right in the eye again!) Man, I wish I would've taken a picture of myself after I failed to get a new diaper on quick enough. I was covered from head to toe (literally, my new slippers were soiled!) in her lumpy mustard-colored loveliness. Her crib and the carpet were not left out. Yes, I laughed about it (and Jonny really laughed when I reported the day's events to him) but you can bet I am much more careful at changing time. We'll see if she can get me that way again!
Here are a few more recent pictures. Thank goodness for digital cameras. Otherwise we'd have gone through rolls of film already.
9 comments:
You guys--she got even more beautiful! How lucky are you? Most babies look like smushed trolls, but Julia is gorgeous! Thanks for keeping me posted--I appreciate it! P.S. Mel, did she pee pee in your eye or poop poo? I'm trying to picture it...
She is so snuggly and fun to hold! Don't foget to tell everyone that she spit up on me yesterday...down my shirt to the nether regions! She is do cute, she can spit up on me anytime!!
She is adorable and you look amazing!!! I can't believe you just had a baby...
Oh Er, it was probably a mixture of both, but mostly the poo. (It tried to be as pleasant as I could in my explanation!)
Oh man she is so cute. Jeffy is enthralled. I want to snuggle her so bad. Also, why in the heckfire are you so skinny again???? Sheesh! Tell me all your secrets.
How I remember being sprayed from head to toe . . . good luck with that.
congratulations! what a doll! i can't say i really miss the bodily fluids going in every direction. well, my white couch just doesn't miss it.
That's a cute monkey. I can't wait to meet her.
Melody and johnny Julia is so cute, and melody u look amazing, i hope i can look like that after i have a baby. but here is my blog www.jwhemi.blogspot.com
What a doll! I can't believe I have seen her yet! Are you coming to cooking club? Maybe I will see her there. She is very cute - and I am sorry to hear about the explotions! My trick - put the new diaper underneath before you take off the old - that way you have a quick somthing to put back on when you need to. You look great I am glad to hear that you are feeling well.
Post a Comment