Yes, Emily was in town last week. It's always so exciting to go pick her up from the airport - it's like Christmas! This time she came with tears in her eyes to meet her new little niece. (I guess we twins are more emotional than we used to be. The miles will do it to ya.) We all had a great time being together. (Em has details on her latest post. I love it when we post about similar topics. It makes my job so easy since she is so on top of things!) It was a super bummer that Mom and Em were so sick all day Friday. I was so relieved to know they were done with it Saturday morning. (Yikes Em, allergic to Utah or something. Let's take extra precautions when you come in December. We don't want to give you to the ER a third time. We want to spend every minute with you that we possibly can!)

One afternoon Grandma Julie made the trip down to see her namesake and Em. We had such a nice time and, of course, took many photos. Above is one of Great Grandma Julie, Aunt Emily, and Julia Emily!
Anyway, it was a whirlwind of activity, as it always is when Em comes. Now we are back to real life and we miss our Emily. If it seems that I post lots and lots of photos of baby Julia in the days to come, it is mainly because I want Aunt Emily to see her grow and not miss too much!

The darling quilt featured in this picture was a gift from Em. It has sentimental meaning behind it, besides the fact that is was designed and made by Julia's Aunt Emily. Em and I had favorite blankets when we were little. They were identical except that mine had circles quilted on it and Em's had stars. (We named the blankets after their distinguishing shapes!) Julia's new blanket has circles on one side, and stars on the other. She will treasure it Em, I am sure.



I just can't pass up a chance to post a yawning picture. They are some of my favorites!
5 comments:
It looks like you guys had a balst while Em was here--how fun! Julia is so much fun to look at--she just gets cuter and cuter! And I am pretty sure that Grandma Julia is the hippest grandma around!
Thanks Mel! What sweet things you said. I loved being there and can't wait to see you guys again. Yes, keep posting pictures. Who care what anyone else says. I want the ones in her towel after bath time because I didn't have my camera with me then. Love you guys!
Oh oh oh! Such cute pictures. Let's get some video going here. Darling fun times. Someday I will get to see her!
oh melody she is so cute. i am way jelous. i love seeing the pictures and reading about what is going on. and i am glad that emily got to make a trip out to visit i wish i could have came down to visit. im sure i will be down there shortly. so you better answer that phone.
isn't motherhood wonderful! i have also way too many picturs of little jack getting out of the bathtub, yawning, making his poop face, and smiling. It really never gets old!!
Post a Comment