Wednesday, June 29, 2011

distrubing the peace, a tunnel monster, and dancing as usual

Julia is often "singing" her thoughts. When she is outside jumping on the tramp or just playing around, she does it her very loudest and can be heard chanting all through the neighborhood. (Sometimes I wonder if she is disturbing the peace. But I had it from some neighbors a few weeks ago that they think it is hilarious. Hope that sentiment stays the same, day after day!) Of course Gabe has joined in now too. His words are almost impossible to decipher, if he is saying anything of substance at all. I talked with my sister Cami about this yesterday and she said her Ethan used to do it, she called it "opera mode." Excellent term, I think.This morning I finally caught some of this on video. At first they are both just yelling out gibberish, but later on Julia starts a little number about her friend Miles.




This second video was taken a few months ago. Jonny found a new game to play with the kids' tunnel. It is pretty great.



Lastly, another video from a few months ago. Here Julia is dancing in her lyrical fashion. This is pretty hilarious, but also quite interesting to see how she feels the music. Notice her eyes are closed most of the time so she can really get into it. (But as soon as there is a passerby she is immediately over there to chat. She loves people. And dogs.)

11 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

Does it just drive you crazy how cute they are? How do you cope, day after day?

Scott and Karin said...

Too cute! Park has started interrupting annicka's songs with words like "stinky" and "poop". Just wait till gabe starts doing that!

Amanda said...

That little Julia, of yours, is adorable! I LOVE it when she and Miles play. Her dancing, singing and sweet voice is such and fun and welcome contrast to the craziness a house-full of boys brings.

LOVE her song about Miles!

Jill said...

Julia!! That little girl definitely has some moves! I love that you couldn't contain yourself at the end of that dance video...I'm surprised you stayed composed that long.

What a doll.

melody said...

Ha, Jill! I just noticed my ugly, muffled laugh at the end, sounds like I really was trying to hold it in the whole time!

Sarah said...

So cute. I think if showed Ariel the tunnel monster, he would want to go out and buy a tunnel asap!

Amber said...

Juju is a silly goose. I will never forget her rendition of My First Buuurth Duay! Tunnel monster is AWESOME!

Emily said...

We will definitely be trying that tunnel monster game! Ha! These movies keep making me laugh over and over. I also cracked up out loud at the same spot you did in the last one. She is looking more and more like you, Mel! I miss those kids like crazy!

Summer said...

Adam is reading the kids a story for bed time as I turn on the first video. He suddenly yells down the stairs. "Summer, I hear some kids yelling, can you tell them to be quiet?...is the window open or something?" I am busting a gut.

Sarah said...

So I just showed these videos to Ariel and thought about Julia's lyrical dance -- Miss Morrow would be so proud! "There once was a tall tall man, who was asleep..."

melody said...

Ha! Sarah, that is hilarious. And so true.