Our 4th was great. We went on a bike ride in the morning, played at that awesome new park in Alpine, and ate french toast at Kneader's. After a relaxing afternoon we partied with neighbors then watched the Thanksgiving Point fireworks from the bed of Jonny's little truck. A special thanks to Grandma Myra for sending the glow sticks in the mail. They may have been more exciting than the fireworks!
Actually though, the partying began with a camp out Friday night. Now this is a big deal because it was Julia and Gabe's first ever camping experience. Jonny and I love to camp but we just hadn't ventured out yet with our excellent-sleepers-as-long-as-they-are-in-their-beds. Well, we were surprised and delighted when we all slept soundly. After playing hard with cousins, Julia and Gabe were out within minutes once we were settled in the tent together. Thanks to my Dad for securing a sweet (yet soggy!) campsite on such a busy holiday weekend. It was so great to be enjoying the fresh air and beautiful mountains with family. (We did have to keep a close eye on all the toddlers, who were keen on running into the road and oncoming campground traffic. Yikes.) I was on such a high after our over-nighter that we may just go again this weekend. Julia would be ecstatic. She can't stop talking about it. And Gabe will gladly welcome another opportunity to play uninhibited in the dirt and mud! Plus, he loved having free reign over the picnic table. Observe:
Here are some silly sisters and nieces. Teenage Katy is surely thinking, "This is the dumbest family trip." (Sorry, inside joke for Drew, Emily, and Lili.)
Here are the cousins in matching shirts we made just for the occasion. Did any other sister happen to get one of all of them smiling!?
Julia and her hero "Lassyn" (Allyson)
Drew and Julia made sure to include those gigantic marshmallows in their s'more makings. Julia was excited about it until she couldn't fit her mouth around the s'more!
TJK (An acronym for "That Jon Kid," as my bro Matt used to refer to the punk I was dating.)
Here Drew and Julia are singing Disney songs. I came away with some great video footage of this.
And because my siblings may want to see and have all the pictures taken at the camp out, here is a slide show.
5 comments:
"That Jon Kid" isn't so bad compared to what my brother used to call Scott. You'll have to ask me since I'm not so sure it's something I should put on your blog!
Aw, that looks like so much fun, and those shirts you guys whipped up are absolutely adorable! I want to make one for Penpants straight away so she can match all her cousins.
It is comforting to know that your camping experience was a success! Also, Julia looks like Cindle from the Ewok Adventure in the picture of you two wearing the bandanas.
What fun and festive activities! The kids are adorable as ever, and I miss you all like crazy. Camping looks like a blast (though we would've definitely opted out!) But way to go Gabe and Juju! I would be rejoicing as well if I were you.
That looks like so much fun! We haven't tried camping with Carter yet for the same reason, but maybe we will try it soon. I'll have to have him talk to Julia (his favorite teacher!) before we go for a pep talk about sleeping outside of his beloved crib.
You got some good shots also! I should have gotten those from you the other day, or did you have your other camera camping? Love the ones of Ally and Julia, and of course the one of Brady's hair-now gone...
Post a Comment