
It's amazing how much can change in 13 years - and even more amazing how much can stay the same. When my grade-school friend Amanda Felix contacted me and said we should get together this week because she was tired of "stalking me on facebook," I was more than happy to set a date. But we couldn't meet for dinner without at least trying to contact the other two in our 6th-grade-foursome, Megan L. Wilson and Bonnie Hardman. Imagine my surprise when we were all able to meet! We have seen each other a time or two through the years (Bonnie at my wedding shower, Amanda at my baby shower, Megan at several showers and as my nurse in the delivery room with Julia!) and we've always talked of how we should get together. Well, 13 years later, the old group from Mr. Paynter's "Graduating" Class of 1997 was finally reunited. And you know, I am sorry it took us so long. I have always had a special place in my heart for these three girls. We talked about how we are all very different, but somehow became the best of friends that year at Manila Elementary. And we didn't seem to have a hard time picking up where we left off.
Thanks for the fun evening, you three. Let's not wait another 13 years to do it again, okay?

Megan's darling Tyler and Julia, each with a little brother born in the past year not pictured here.
3 comments:
Fun! I love reunions.
Wow, that picture of you four wigs me out a little. It's as if we're all still twleve years old or something.
How fun for you guys to get together. How time flies. I hope you told them I said hi.
What a fun evening. I love that it just picks up--I always worry about it being awkward due to the many years of not speaking. I am so happy that you enjoyed your evening.
Also, Mel where did you get your fabulous sweater? I am very into cardigans these days. I would love to own it for myself. You look so darn cute in it too!
Post a Comment