Our latest Netflix rental was The Little Mermaid. I loved watching this classic from my childhood with my own kids. And we're no worse of around here after seeing it. For instance:
Julia now calls me, "Your Majesty" at times throughout the day. "Please can I have a snack, Your Majesty?" "Yes, I will take a bath, Your Majesty." And so on.
But that's not the best part. Brushing teeth has been lot easier around here since the kids watched the movie a few times. Now they just sing like Ariel while I help them brush. (It keeps them distracted and their mouths open wide.) This is a miracle where Gabe is concerned. He is usually very resistant to brushing with me, but he loves singing the song. And he can actually carry the tune pretty well - even with a mouth full of suds.
P.S. I laughed today when Gabe was singing while I brushed him and Julia said, Ursula-style, "Keep Singing!"
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so glad you discovered Little Mermaid. It has done nothing but good for our family. Asher also loves to exclaim, "NOW SING" and then belt Ariel's song. But my personal favorite was when he took a purple easter egg, pulled it apart, placed each half on his chest, and then sang Ariel's Song. Not sure if Keegan will let him watch it anymore...
Brilliant! I tell you, how awesome are these movies that they are still enjoyed and appreciated by a totally new generation. Pardon the animation geek in me, but that is some solid character and story and music. A lot of people complain about certain aspects of Disney movies and the HORRIBLE things they teach kids, but there's so much more good there. I also still remember you and Emily playing The Little Mermaid with the next door neighbor. "Keep singing!!!"
Next up, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin?
HA! That's awesome. Jane's obsessed with Tangled, and she's always talking about how long her hair is now. So funny.
This brings back memories of when we used to sing those songs. I LOVE that movie to this day. I hope my kids do too.
Post a Comment