Monday, April 11, 2011

the life of a little bother

Early this morning Julia announced that she would be an "Easter Bunny Princess!" And of course Julia can't dress up without her sidekick following along...
 Anyone who is familiar with Gabe knows that he is all boy. But how he loves that flower headband! As beautiful as he looks, I think some superhero capes are in order for the dress-up drawer.

10 comments:

Cami said...

Yes, get that kid some capes! I have some fireman and racecar driver outfits you can borrow.

Also, I filled up my "dress ups" box for my boys with many scarves to dance with and fling about, and they always turned into pirate costumes. Just go get a bunch of 1/8 yard strips of fabric that are boyishy. My boys loved them.

But this picture is priceless, so I'm glad it happened. :)

(Oh, and you should get those masks and hats from ikea--aliens, indians, lizards, etc.)

melody said...

Great ideas, Cami! Perfect for Gabe's upcoming birthday.

Drew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drew said...

Ha ha haaa, Julia and her little bother. I would like to say that having a lot of sisters can sometimes just lead to these kind of activities. He's a boy all right. (Don't get me started on this poor misguided lady: http://nerdyapplebottom.com/2010/11/02/my-son-is-gay/, though the two situations are hardly the same.)

Lindsey Bench said...

Yes! I love this.

Woods said...

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious!! I love those sweet little faces!

Amber said...

There is no looking girly for that boy! Also, along with Cami's comment, I just bought some new scarf fabric for preschool, and since...you are welcome to take! I got green and blue--fun for juju and gabe!

Kassi said...

It just caught me so funny "But how he loves that flower headband." I laughed so hard I cried. What fun they have together!

Emily said...

I hear ya! Bennett is obsessed with Ruby's pink sun hat. I like Cami's ideas too. I think my kids would LOVE scarves, capes, and masks.

Gabey and Juju are way too far away from me. Brings those dress ups over here and play with us!

Unknown said...

yep, the older kids teach the younger ones. they learn the ropes from each other.