Oh boy. The other day during a run I was explaining to Julia what it means to obey. Since I couldn't see her face, I wasn't sure if she was even listening. But apparently she understood it...maybe a little too well.
Later that day she said to me, "Now Mommy, you go get me a snack now. Please obey me, Mommy. And get me a snack." I was somewhat shocked and tried to explain (which was pretty difficult) that I don't obey her, she just obeys me, Daddy, teachers, babysitters, and other adults. Distressed, she said, "Yes, mommies obey Julias! So do it, Mom!" Like I said, oh boy.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
It's so funny how kids interpret things. It would be pretty confusing if you think about it. Especially when you're as cute as Juju and usually get whatever you want.
Keep the countdown coming!
...I think you'd better do it.
I have the same problem at school. I have kids who don't understand that it's sort of a one-way street. The only difference is that they're 11... and not 3. They don't have good parents who teach them the difference!
Speaking of school, guess who graced mine with her presence today? Your Grandma Julie (Grandmother?) She got up in our assembly and talked all about being healthy and exercising. She was great!
Oh boy! You are in for it when she gets older. Too cute.
Oh boy is right! I think you are in for it when she is a teenager! Haha this made me laugh so hard. How fun that she is getting her little personality. I can't wait for that! She's too cute!
Ahhh LOVE it. She is one smart girl....look out!
It would be hard to say no to that little face. I heard a funny story that's similar- my neighbor's boy was upset because kids were teasing him, she told him that they will grow out of it soon and to be patient. After school the nxt day, he came home and said, this boy in my class is so fat he can't even run!! But mom, it's okay because I'm sure he will grow out of it and then we can be friends.
Kids are hilarious!
Good luck with that one! How do you not laugh as you are trying to teach these important things?
Post a Comment