Saturday, July 10, 2010

Scratch that, what we really need is a catcher's mask

A hockey mask would do the job too. Either way, that pirate eye patch (see previous post) would've done nothing to prevent Gabe's latest injury. This is the face I came home to after a nice morning run:
Daddy caught the above photos soon after the accident happened. I tried to get a few more later on. It's hard to capture the color of the bruise and the size of the bump. If you look closely, you can see that the skin almost broke. I think we were very close to an emergency room run. (It's hard to believe we haven't made that trip yet with this crazy guy. Knock on wood.)

Oh yes, how did it happen? Well, Gabe's crazy plunge-out-your-arms nature had him hitting a bedside table during playtime with Daddy and Julia on the bed. Oops.

By now the bump has gone down a little but the bruise is a lot worse. The poor guy looks pretty beat up. (Reminds me of this incident.) He's all smiles, though. I am just nervous he will bump it again while it is still so tender. Like I said, where's that hockey mask?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, that kid's gotta stop breaking his fall with his head. Ouch.

Cami said...

Seriously! That kid has more bumps than any kid I've seen. That is a sweet one. One for the books.

Jules said...

Yikes! Poor kid! Maybe you should replace all the hard objects in your house with pillows.

Drew said...

Oh my word. That is one amazing bump. That's going in the wedding slideshow for sure.

Emily said...

It makes me cry to see that sad bump on such a sweet, happy face. Such a brave boy. I am not looking forward to this phase

Jonathan and Janessa said...

I hope it doesn't drain and give him black eyes. Poor guy...no one will ever be able to call him a sissy that's for sure! I'm sure he's one tough guy!

Savannah said...

What a cute boy, bump and all!

Melody- I am excited to hear how your race goes! You will be amazing! I on the other hand love to run but will never be good at it- I can never go that fast and I always end up having some kind of really bad shin splints or stress fracture right before the race- oh well.
But yes, I have signed up for the TOU and am training right now! It would be fun to see you there!!

Lindsey Bench said...

I can't believe he is even smiling with a thing that big on his head. Ouch! Gabe, you are all boy!!

Amber said...

Holy crud! That was making me sick to look at until I went to your link and then it made me laugh-how could that look so much the same? He is a crazy boy! He has such an innocent looking face and then, poof he is out of your arms and into a table!! Poor little Gaby

Melanie said...

Ouch! That looks like it hurt. I am sure it was worse on you then it was on him..hope it heals quick!