I guess we really like eggnog around here. I just put it on the grocery list for the third time this season. We like to get the light variety, which is a little less rich. Then we usually dilute it with milk and add a little cinnamon and nutmeg. (Then "stir, stir, stir...test!" That one's for you, Lili, Drew, and Em.) Jonny thinks it's crazy, but in my family we also like to mix it with some fizzy sprite. (It is about the only time I drink carbonation all year. If you haven't tried it, you really should.)
But it doesn't stop there. Jonny made french toast with the stuff and I just added half a carton to a pot of rice pudding. And I have a feeling that tomorrow I will be craving an eggnog shake. Any other ideas?
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Do you remember the homemade eggnog I made that one year? That is my suggestion. There is NO other way. You will never be satisfied by the store-bought variety again. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Maybe we should try it this year.
mm so good I love eggnog! and I remember being taught the putting sprite in it by you and emily! mm so yummy! oh and beautiful tree!
yeah, pretty sure I haven't ever caught onto the eggnog craze. I cold however whip up a pretty spectacular eggnog shake at the old Hogi Yogi with oreos in it...yes, try the oreos.
I saw someone making eggnog hot chocolate. It sounded way too rich for me, but it may be worth a try.
FESTIVE NOG! I'm the only one who likes it around here, so I have to wait for fondue times. French toast sounds awesome!
Ooh, I haven't thought of eggnog French toast before. That sounds great. And yes, stir, stir, stir, test. Works every time.
Mmm. I love egg nog. I don't think it's crazy to put sprite in - that's classic. We sometimes put gingerale too.
Have you tried making egg nog ice cream?
Post a Comment