So I guess we are in the market for a double stroller. I have been researching online quite a bit (I am a big reader of customer reviews) and can't seem to find one that I love. The double strollers of my dreams, I am afraid, doesn't exist. It would be: single wide, jogging, two seats, and infant-seat compatible while still allowing room for the toddler in the second seat. Too good to be true? I think so. Unless you people have seen something that I haven't!? (The closest thing to it is the pricey Phil and Ted's Sport Buggy. Can't fit a car seat while using double seat on bottom. Well, I read one review that said she jimmy-rigged it to work. Hmmmm. Anyway, very pricey, like I said. But quite an ingenious design.)
If any one you love a double stroller you have, even if it doesn't match my dream-stroller description, please tell me about it. Thanks!
P.S. Running stroller aside, I am kind of considering a sit and stand double stroller. The Joovy one I am looking at doesn't have a second seat, just the bench or stand option. I'm not sure if this would fulfill all our strolling needs. What if Julia just hops off all the time? And what if she wants to rest her back and head on longer outings? (she's never been a big stroller-napper, though.)
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I have the phil and teds sports buggy. You will love it. YOu can lay your baby down and put the older one on top. It is the best stoller I have ever used and SOOO easy to push. You are welcome to take it tomorrow and try it out if you want!
I was very interested in the P&T's sports buggy until I read on the site of a prominent seller that it is not intended for jogging!? (The site is joggingstollers.com Hmmmm???) This is a disappointment to me because I wanted it for running, mainly.
I actually have the stand and sit Joovy stroller and I really like it. There is a buckle on the part where you can stand or sit so if you were worried about Julia staying on the stroller you could always buckle the belt. Garrett loves standing on it and Weston seems ok with riding in the front seat. We should get together and you could try it out!! Oh, but don't try to take it jogging, you'll be sorry.
I love the Sit and Stand Stroller. I have it and love it. It's not much of a jogging stroller, but it is perfect for outtings. It isn't a huge stroller which I was worried about. It is fairly easy to pack along and sits both kids well. The car seat even fits in. I have also seen an attachment you can get for it where the older child actually had a seat to lean back against so that they can nap. That might work for Julia. Good luck.
You wanna know what? I have never owned a double stroller. Crazy, eh? I have seen that one with the toddler seat below. Kinda crazy! Sit and stand is probably the way to go. I think mostly, when Ethan was small, I used the front pack while pushing the stroller, and then I'd use a great wagon (with 2 seats with seatbelts) when we went on walks. If I went to the store, I took Jake. I don't so much go out and about with my kids on my own. I guess Jake did, but he'd just put them both in a cart.
So, if you need a jogging one, I think you may have to go double-wide. And if you're just going walking or to the mall, anything will do. Just ask yourself how often you'll REALLY need the carseat in there.
(Oh, sometimes I did borrow a sit and stand kind that I rigged up to use the carseat in. Pretty handy.)
I have the Phil & Ted's sport buggy as well, and I will never buy another stroller again--I love it. It is great for the mall, the zoo, etc.. John and I take it running occasionally, like on Saturday mornings when we can go together. It's done great with that, but obviously we haven't used it for daily running, if that's what you're looking for. If you have We got it when Cade was almost a year old, so I never tried it with an infant car seat, but we have laid the front seat down and put the second seat on top when he's sleeping. I love, love, love it!
Before that one, we had the new Graco double--I can't remember what it's called. It was great for storage, I liked the new handle bars, and obviously it was nice with an infant carseat. I bought that one over a sit n' stand because I wanted to be able to contain Ellie, and I knew she'd be jumping off the other one all the time and taking off. We really liked that one for some things, but it was way heavy for just taking walks outside up and down hills, and it was kind of a beast to get in and out of the car. We sold it when we bought the Phil & Teds, but like I said, it was really great for some things, I guess is just comes down to what your main priorities are.
Isn't it crazy how many strollers you collect as a mom? And what a big deal it is to buy one-it's almost as big of a decision as buying a car! Good luck!
Now I am leaning toward the P&T's sports buggy. I tried out Hannah's and I say you can run with it, as does she and a big runner friend of hers (and a few websites that sell it). That's good enough for me.
It depends if $$ is an issue. We went w/ the Graco DuoGlider- which is great actually- easy to move especially in small spaces.
We needed an infant seat & it came w/ one and Sears had one we could afford. Then later I got a double jogger off of Craig's List-for 60$ It is really wide but it does the job and that is all I need it to do. ( I really hate the ones that double stack the kids-one on bottom.) Have you read Shop-a-holic and Baby? It is hilarious- as no stroller is good enough and she spends like 800$ or more on a stroller she never uses- except to carry shopping bags :) I have like 5 strollers now actually- but one was free, and if I added up the cost of all of them it still would be very reasonable-less than 300 or 400$- ALSO-with two kids it has been easier to do the treadmill than run outside- so we put money into a treadmill instead and that was well worth it. They can only handle so many miles and hours sitting in a stroller:) Hope that helps. Good luck and best wishes for the rest of the pregnancy :)
I am sorry, I have no preference on strollers. Good luck though! JUst run with your baby in the moby, and carry Juju's on your back. That is my suggestion. It will save you so much money in the end. Or! Just put Julia on one of those leashes for kids! And she can just run behind! She would LOVE that.
I have had the graco duo light for 7 years and I loved it. It finally broke and I just bought a Peg Pergo off of KSL. I bought it for it's storage size and so both babies can fall asleep in it. I would buy a jogging stroller just for jogging that stays in you garage.
I used to jog with my graco occasionally. It is all about priority. I need something not bulky.
Im hoping that you and Jonny find a better double stroller than my old one. Sadly, I sold it to my friends who had twins a couple years ago. My old double stroller was sporty and yes, it was easy to push and yes, I could run with it on the roads and sidewalk. But, there is one little negative thing about it..... that it was widely big for the mall and other stores. Sometimes, I did make some people out of my way. heeha. Another thing was that I had to take the front tire off before I folded it and put it in the car's trunk. I know it was kinda wasting some times to take the front tire off and then to put it back on.
If you would like to see a picture of my kids sitting on the double stroller, email me. I will upload a picture of it and send it you. We bought it from Galylan's sport store in New York when our daughter was newborn baby. Additionally, our double stroller had the back shocks. That was very interesting, but it was the best. And also, the seats can be adjusted to be sit up or lay down for napping. Both seats can be adjusted separately. I will try to remember the brand name of the stroller that I bought. (that was a long time ago!!) Hopefully, I will try to find the brand name in pictures I took and then I will let you know.
Oh, my excitement is building and I cant wait to see you "four" very soon in the summer.
Post a Comment