Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Surprise Retaliation

Well, if you have visited Em's blog lately you will know that she gave me the surprise of my life last Thursday when she and KC showed up for the graduation festivities. Because she will be coming in June to see her new niece, I suspected no such visit. She and KC got us pretty good. (They didn't even let Jonny in on this one!) Since Em, an avid blogger, gave quite a full account of the haps, I will just put in a few details of my own. (Sorry, I just thought the picture on the left was hilarious. We all know it is not characteristic of them!)

Yes, at 7:15 AM I was still in bed (I have been enjoying sleeping in a little since I have completed my student teaching.) and did scream when she barged through the door. After hugging and nearly crying, I jumped on the bed. What would you have done!? As pictured on her blog, she made a delicious breakfast and the rest of the weekend only got better from there.It's funny. It doesn't really matter what we do, I just love it when Em and KC are here. I mean, we two cleaned out the closet and cupboards of the downstairs bathroom at Mom's house - and that was fun! It's just good to have her home every once in a while. Of course I wish it could be more often, but I savor the times we do get to spend together.

Well, I did end up graduating and all of that. Em was so unselfish to come sit through my boring convocation ceremony after what must have been one of the worst nights of her life. (Again, see her blog for more details.) I loved knowing she was up in the stands, supporting me just as she has all along. Thanks, Em!

Naturally I could write much more about the weekend, but suffice it to say that I have the best twin sister in the world. And I am so thankful she married a man who loves her as much as Jonny loves me. We are lucky girls and we know it.

THANKS for everything, Em and KC! We love you both and miss you like crazy. We three can't wait to see you, Em, in a few weeks!!!

3 comments:

erika said...

Congratulations on graduating Mel! Have that baby already!

Cami said...

I would have jumped on the bed too. But I am surprised your baby didn't come out. Congrats on graduating and everything! You look way cute.

Amber said...

Reunited and it feels so good!