Thursday, May 17, 2007

Music To My Ears

As I sit here, I have the pleasure of typing to the humming and swishing sounds of a washing machine. This may seem like a mundane thing for most of you, but around here it is a wonderful novelty! For the past four years (two of single college life and two of married college life) I have hauled my laundry to various locations. But no longer! After purchasing some used appliances from a neighbor, we are now in the business of laundering at our leisure. Soon enough, it will be time to move the load from the washer to the dryer. I can hardly wait.Oh, and a very special thanks goes out to Amber and Mom, who so willingly shared their appliances over the past four years. Without you, we would have been wearing dirty clothes . . . or we'd have put out a lot of quarters. Thanks!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

It is really nice that you don't have to make laundry an event. You can just do it at your pleasure. You will really appreciate it when you have a baby who dirties an item of clothing 4 times a day... at least.

Emily said...

I guess I have been spoiled to always have a washer and dryer at my fingertips. Although, there was four months there at USU where grandma let me do laundry at her house. Congrats on your new applicances. I'm truly happy for you.

erika said...

You are my hero! 4 years is a long LONG time! I must be the biggest wimp--I had one day where I had to haul the laundry from my apartment to the laundro-mat. It took me all day! I think that I drove Jensen crazy complaining about the experience. The next week, sure enough we had machines in our apartment! But luckily, I still REALLY appreciate the loud sounds of my washer/dryer!

Cami said...

Wow, you just had some space to have a couple extra large appliances??? Way to go! I remember the days of hauling laundry. NO fun.

Matt said...

Hooray for independence! I know that feeling too. We were always toting our laundry around during the mission, but then...we only has as much laundry as would fit in a suitcase or two. :)

Ironically, watch my blog for a laundry related entry coming soon.

Amber said...

It is so nice to be able to not think about the laundry that you will need for the whole week-and to be able to throw in a load at your leisure! It is one of those things that you take for granted until it isn't there-Yay for you guys! Also it is a must with a baby!

Hannah said...

Yeah! I love having a washer and dryer in my house! (It will be so helpful when you have a baby...I never had that with Emma...)

mylittlegems said...

Well we just discovered a leak inside of our wall- so we can't use our washing machine right now. Good thing we are moving soon- so just enjoy that "music" because I have piles of clothes and no "music" to wash them to:)