Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Julia's dream garden

I finally got around to making a recipe my talented friend Jessica Crapo created - pumpkin cinnamon rolls. They were completely delicious. But you don't have to take it from me. Here is what Julia had to say:

She and Jonny had been talking earlier in the day about what we should grow in the garden this spring. As we were eating the warm rolls, Julia said, "Mmmm. I want to grow these in the garden too!" I still don't know if she was joking or thought it was actually a possibility, them being pumpkin cinnamon rolls and all. I wouldn't mind putting in a row of rolls between the spinach and cucumbers. Then if we could just find some key lime pie seeds... Hey, some girls can dream, can't they?

7 comments:

Emily said...

First of all, I am making those!

Also, Julia's garden sounds like my kind of produce. Let's also throw in some carrot cake, and pizza plants while we're at it.

Lindsey Bench said...

I have been wanting to make those too. But I guess I'll just wait till summer and head over to your place during harvesting time. Speaking of your place, want to have some play dates between March 21st-28th? I'll be there!

Megan and Taj said...

umm.. I am so making those this weekend!!!!!!

Julia is just too much! She is so dang cute!

Savannah said...

Those sound so good! Sunday breakfast this week perhaps? I am so glad you posted this because I'm kind of obsesses with pumpkin, I even made pumpkin pasta sauce this other day. Ok when I am in charge of creating a world that is my first order of business- making gardens full of chocolate and desserts- Julia is brilliant!!

linnylou said...

how cute! hope you all are doing well

Cami said...

Whaaa? Those sound good. I want to grow them too.

Jessica said...

that is so cute. Your kids are getting so big!

I actually made some last week and it shouldn't have been, but was my breakfast more than one morning.