
I used to joke that I was a Yankees fan by marriage. But now I think I can say I
truly am a Yankees fan - only influenced by marriage. For the first time in my life, I sat down to watch the World Series. Sure, I was cooking, doing laundry, and perhaps dozing off during parts of the games. But a lot of the time I was next to Jonny on the couch of my own accord. To my surprise, I found myself enjoying watching the games. Sometimes I'd quip out a little baseball jargon, which would really impress Jonny. (Hey, he taught me everything I know. Which still isn't much, but I learn more each time we watch a game together.) I got to know the players a little and looked forward to watching them pitch, catch, and bat. It's odd, but it almost seems that I was more excited at their win Wednesday night than even Jonny. Maybe it's just because I'm new to the game. It was thrilling.
To celebrate NY's 27th victory, we all donned our caps the next day. Gabe doesn't own one...yet. Way to go, Yankees. You not only won an amazing series against the Phillies, but you made a fan out of me. Now,
that is victorious.

Julia is giving the team a "thumbs up" in the first picture. She loves to wear her that is like Daddy's and Mommy's. All day she was saying, "Yay-ees won!"
3 comments:
Cute and fun. I had to stop watching games with Jake because I got too anxious!
How cute! ju ju must of had fun!!!
Post a Comment