
Over the summer we tried to get the three families of Utah cousins together once a week, along with their Grandma and Grandpa. (We REALLY missed our Maryland cousins - Jeff, Ethan, and Jane - each week. We love you three!) Mom had the idea to call this time "Just Be Cousins," based on a song she wrote that the older cousins in our family used to sing together. (And were you a touring group with that name as your title? I thought I heard something about you guys singing at Malls!? I need more info on that.) The kids loved our weekly events - especially Julia who adores her cousins. We had picnics, played tennis, hiked, went to the aquarium, played in the sprinklers, worked on Giant Journals, swam, had outdoor cinemas, had sleepovers, and more. Let's do it next year, okay cousins?
P.S. Jonny always liked to ask "Why?" when I told him of the week's outing, trying to trick me into answering "Just Be Cousins!"
Toward the end of the slide show you will see pictures of the Allyson and Julia
Exclusive Just Be Cousins. I think this was Julia's favorite one - she dragged Ally around all day!
7 comments:
Oh man! I can't stand how cute all those kids are. And growing so fast. I love the picture of Julia lounging while she is watching TV. That's just how I look when I'm watching TV. We'd get along quite well. You guys are party animals over there.
This looks so fun!! We had some study time with the boys looking at these pictures this morning. They were mostly interested in Julia. She's so cute!
Great pictures. Jack enjoyned the JBC's. That pic of Julia watching TV is clackscick as jack says. And somehow Little Ann and Old Dan made it in there too (Jacks stuffed animals.) You guys have the best yard for movie watching/sleeping over.
Cute pictures! What fun for all the cousins to hang out like this. I'm sure Jeff, Ethan and Jane were missed, but one day they can all participate together.
Hey I just wanted to know if you still wanted to have a roommate get together next week. Miriam is flying out to Geneva on Saturday but she can do something with us on Friday 9/12 (plus there will be an added bonus if Miriam comes...she'll bring a boy!!!). Does that work for you? I know Meridith said she and Scott can get together then too. I can't wait to see you and especially to see how big Julia's gotten.
Cute! What a fun aunt and uncle you are.
you may ask why we're here today...you may ask why we smile... you may ask why we like to sing.... It's Just Be Cousins... now i am going to have that song in my head! i remember those days...are you really too young??? i still have my shirt and remember performing with the group at a ward talent show or something.. good times! fun to see your darling is being raised close to her cousins like we were... such fun memories!
Post a Comment