Anyway, I was a little nervous about Julia flying. I was hoping she'd be okay - especially since she and I will fly to Maryland next month. So, with our fingers crossed, the plane took off. Julia (nursing at the time) cried for about one minute. And that was the last peep we heard out of her the rest of the time - there and back! She was truly and angel baby. What with all the landing and taking off, I didn't feed her every time. We were happy to discover that she was content with a binky during altitude changes. On the way home, a flight attendant awarded her with a certificate for her first flight. She really did earn those wings. Way to go, Julia!
We were happy to finally arrive at Grandma's house late Wednesday night. She was so sweet to wait up and welcome us with open arms - that quickly enveloped Julia. We felt right at home with a little crib, toys, blankets, wipes, and diapers waiting for us. Oh, and oreos for Jonny. Grandma knows her stuff!
We had a lovely time with Julia's Great Grandma Evelyn, Great Aunt Barb, and Great Uncle Dan. Julia was introduced to various other friendly Hoosiers there in Columbus. She was happy to meet them all, as long as she was well-fed and rested. We learned that quickly, right Dan!? Barb drove us to gorgeous Brown County where we hiked around a lake and enjoyed the green Midwestern landscape. We were fed excellent meals, complete with ice cream every night! Most of all, we loved sitting around and visiting with family that we adore but don't get to see very often. It was a perfect trip and we are so very glad we made it out there. Thanks for a lovely time Grandma, Barb, and Dan! We miss you already.
11 comments:
I still can't believe you got such a great deal on those flights! Sounds like a fun and beautiful trip
Her eyes take over the planet. KC was commenting on how it's going to be so weird to see this big baby that he never saw as a small baby. I can't even wait! I just want to squeeze her right now. Three more weeks. I'm glad everything went so well. Hopefully she does that again on the trip out here.
That was my friend again using the computer. I'll have to have a word with him. The above comment was Emily.
Oh I'm so glad that she did good on the plane. It's kind of scary to find out if they will like it or not. I knew she would be good for you, you can tell just by looking at her that she is a little angel that could melt anyone. I just love her!!!
Your baby is so chill, Melody. I love your baby. I love your baby more than I love eating hot grits on a fast Sunday. Sometimes, I want to take your baby, and keep her as my own. But I probably won't, because the Riv would probably classify her as a pet, or make her pay rent. Which both would be just awful.
Glad you had a nice visit and saw lots of stuff, and that Julia was good. Next time remember to take the GPS!
what an angel, I can't believe how fast the little muncher is growing up! your trip sounded like a blast.
You make us think she can sit up on her own in that first pic! So glad you had a nice trip and Julia was good.
It is so nice that you got to go see the relations. They are all so cute about the baby. It looks like fun times were had by all!
That is some trip you guys took! But anything to save money, eh? She is so cute, and I'm sure she was just a peach on the plane. Way to go!
We can't believe how big Julia is getting! We can't wait to meet her. Nice new shirt Jon, it looks good.
Post a Comment