A few weeks ago I went on a little "adventure" with my sisters and mom. (Julia calls a trip an "adventure." I would say this one, with my 33-week-tummy, truly qualifies!) I was hesitant to take the long flight to New York when it came down to it (thinking about the uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions, feet swelling from sitting so long, funny looks from people who think I may just go into labor on the plane, and those all-too-annoying and frequent bathroom visits), but I am so glad I didn't chicken out last minute. My sisters and mom are my best friends - so naturally this trip was exceptionally fun. Exhausting, but awesome.
Three of us UT sisters flew to NY early Wednesday morning. When we arrived at our hotel the two MD sisters and Mom were waiting for us and ready to party. We spent the next 24 hours in the city before taking a 4 hour bus ride to MD. After a few days of playing there with the silly triplets and Penny it was already time for us to fly back to UT. It was a whirl wind trip but we managed to fit in lots of city sight-seeing, a chick-flick at the theater, a visit to the Arboretum, an afternoon along the Chesapeake Bay, a visit to the Amish market, lots of delicious food, and general sisterly fun. Observe:
Posing with the umbrellas we bought for the kids:
For obvious reasons, I was the photographer of this jumping picture.
Sitting on Lili.
One of my favorite parts of the trip: napping in Central Park.
Some biked while others napped.














3 comments:
I can't tell you how HAPPY I am that you brought that belly all the way over here! I was amazed the whole time at how much energy you had, even if you were trying to hide how very tired you were. The kids just loved seeing you and everyone. Hopefully it's not too long before I see you again! In a couple months, maybe??
Yeah for girl trips. You are brave. I can't wait to hear when your little one gets here.
What a great adventure. My girls take over NYC.
Post a Comment