Thursday, November 17, 2011
Those who know me know that I always have my water bottle with me - always. This is the way it's been since high school. I have gone through several bottles through the years* and have finally come upon a favorite that miraculously meets every possible need. The Camelbak Insulated Stainless Steel Better Bottle.
Yes, I have used a non-insulated camelbak bottle for years, but it leaked whenever it tipped over and I had to use coasters when setting it down on a wood surface. Plus, the ice never lasted long and I was tired of refilling it to keep it cold. (I prefer ice-cold water whenever possible. And it wasn't possible on outings. Until now...)
So then I came upon the insulated bottle. Not a new idea, I know, it's just a thermos, but it has all the other features I love about the camelbak bottles (like the flip top sipper) and this model doesn't leak when it gets tipped over in my purse. Best of all, the ice remains all day. All day! And because it is double-walled, no need for coasters. I'm in heaven! Okay, that may be a little dramatic, but possibly not.
The only minor drawback is that the bottle holds less than I am used to with the original camelbak - because it is double walled. But I don't mind refilling it with water when I need to and I love that I rarely need to refill it with ice. Also, I had to really know that is would be awesome before I justified spending $25. Obviously I believe it was worth the splurge. (Oh, and it does require hand washing. But I don't mind that at all.)
Anyway, I just thought I'd share a recent favorite find with those few who read this blog. If you are as passionate about finding the perfect bottle as I am, add this one to your Christmas list! You will not be disappointed...
P.S. Gabe just saw this post and said, "Mommy's drink on computer!" And Julia calls it my sippy cup. Yes, it really is a part of me.
*Jonny remembers when I used one of those tiny half-pint plastic bottles in college - I stalled one day after class so I could talk to him by filling it up at the drinking fountain. Didn't give me much time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am so glad you introduced me to such a bottle. I also hated all the cons of the old "perfect" bottle. The condensation!! Mine isn't Camelbak, but my Thermos brand definitely has all the same awesome features. Thanks for getting me back into the water bottle game! Mine is my constant companion as well. Especially right now while my sinuses are acting up!
Oh my, you know how I also love the camelback but had the same issues! I will definitely be stocking my stocking with one of these.
Also, I too remember your little water bottles in college. Fuji? You've come a long way my friend.
(this is lindsey btw)
Haha, sippy cup.
Yep definitely a nice drinker.
Awesome. I'm the same as everyone else. So glad to see a solution.
You've convinced me I need to upgrade. Thermos style? Who knew my NON-leaking Camelbak could be outdone? And I am happy for you. ;)
Post a Comment