Sunday, May 15, 2011

Gabe is two

It seems Gabe's age has finally caught up to his size. He's been a big boy for most of his little life. When people ask how old he is they are often are surprised by my answer. He was 20 pounds at five months, and has remained big ever since. Well, now he may just have the age to go with his girth.

We love our two year old wild man. He is darling, very loud, clever, sweet, brutish, curious, and hilarious all at once. He'll hardly sit still except when you are reading a book that he loves. He give kisses and hugs like crazy, and has recently started saying, "No thank you" and "You're welcome." (Though he often uses the phrases at the wrong times. Like when Jonny gave him a piece of cake and he said, "Ur wel-un!") It is so fun to watch him grow and discover. Yes, we are in love. Even when he is kicking and screaming and writhing out of my arms for all the neighborhood to see (and/or hear) as I struggle to carry him home after I have taken my eye off of him for less than a minute and he has run away and far down the street. (He is fast.) He keeps us on our toes, but it is all good. He is our Gabey Baby. Still. Two years old, shmoo years old - he is my baby.

Jonny snapped some pictures while Gabe opened a few presents this evening. It was funny to see a pattern in all of the openings: First he is excited/surprised and says, "Ohhhhh!" while shaping his mouth into a perfect little circle. Then he is frustrated as he tries to get through the shrink wrap and into the toy. I can hardly wait to see if this pattern continues when he opens his scooter in a few weeks. (Julia and Gabe are both getting scooters. To avoid two weeks of fussing and fighting over one until Julia's birthday, I decided to wait to give them both at a big combined party. Then I'll really have to be on my toes as I chase a scooting Gabe around the neighborhood. Wish me luck) 

"Ohhh!"
 Frustration

 "Ohhh!"
 Frustration

 "Ohhh!"
 Frustration
Happy Birthday, little man! (Not sure why I always call him that, as it has hardly ever been true.??)

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Gabey! I wish I could be there to give you a big birthday smooch! He is so, so darling. It's been way too long since I've been there. I love the "Ohhh!" pictures. Seems like a fun age, with all the new things they do and say, as hard as it is sometimes. Happy Birthday Day-dee!

Lindsey Bench said...

I was just thinking yesterday, "When am I going to see a birthday post from Melody?!". Perfect timing my friend, and Happy Birthday Gabey Boy!

Drew said...

What a delightful little bother. And hurrah for BatB. Good choice. (Aladdin next, hmm?)

Jill said...

ha! those pictures are adorable...That "oooh" face is too cute.

Happy Birthday little man!

Mecham Family said...

what a little stud!!! can you believe our boys are 2??!!! It makes me happy and sick at the same time! I think that Harrison and Gabe would get along very much.. they seem so similar! What a fun day!

Scott and Karin said...

It's okay, I still call Indie my baby, and he is 2 1/2. That's what happens, until the next baby comes. And when you have the last one? They will always be the baby!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday cute boy!
I was just remembering how about 2 1/2 years ago we were at the Paskett's for a Christmas Crepe Night and there were a few of us with pregnant bellies. How time flies!