Tuesday, December 7, 2010

my laugh this morning

On our run Julia noticed one of those smaller school buses. She was so excited and said, "Look at that little piece of bus! It's just a little half piece of school bus!"

And totally unrelated, what is the point of buying new toys for Christmas? All Gabe really wants to play with are the diapers and ziploc bags in his top drawer. And the dishes in the dishwasher - dirty or clean. As we speak, he is very engaged in messing with the CD drive on the computer. Any second now he will turn the computer off (which will be highly annoying for me). So will he really play with the giant dump truck asked for in his letter to Santa? (which Julia "wrote" for him all by herself.) Sometimes I wonder if I should just wrap up the pot lids and toilet paper for him - some other favorites right now. Yikes, I better get off of here and save my computer from the Gabe monster. A few says ago he was stuffing my iPod shuffle in one of the drives.

Five minutes later: I just caught him eating the Christmas tree.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE all this Juju phrases. We always read them aloud and laugh and laugh.

I guess we buys things in the high hopes that they want to play with those expensive things instead of what is forbidden. I just know my kids would love to unwrap my laptop, cell phone, or the remotes. Sigh.

Lili and Jeff said...

Naughty Gabey. Hilarious Juju. You should scan in that letter Julia wrote for Gabe, I am sure it is just magical.

I love these Juliaisms. I look forward to them ever so.

Your post reminded me of when Alison asked for Caprisuns for Christmas. That is a dream come true for Santa, I'm sure.

Cami said...

That GABE! Silly him. It's true, but what is he LEARNING from the pot lids? Hmmm? Toys are important nonetheless. Juju is hilarious. Tell her those are the buses that Ethan rides on, and she'll understand. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't think we're bad parents, but we may just wrap up some of Millie's toys from the basement. Seriously, she doesn't know the difference and loves all toys/lids/technology equally (well, she loves the breakable and expensive technology most), so why spend the money?