Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello, 2010

After watching and enjoying the movie Julie & Julia, I have a New Year Resolution to eat more butter. No, not out of the tub or straight from the stick as Julia does at times, but to make more delicious things and not be afraid and shy away when a recipe calls for more than a half stick of butter. And I don't think befriending butter means I have to buy jeans in the next size. One serving of something amazingly buttery is worth three not-so-that-way.

Jonny fully supports me in this endeavor. I think Julia and Gabe will too.

8 comments:

Drew said...

We liked that movie, we saw it on our honeymoon. Often throughout I thought of my wife and your daughter.

Jonathan and Janessa said...

It's so worth it. There is nothing else in the world like butter, so I support you 100% :)

Plus, the way I see it is that butter is more natural and therefor more healthy. It might have more fat, but it's much less processed. Compare the ingredients list on a butter package and a margarine package :)

Austin said...

My mom switched back to real butter a few years after the whole low fat no fat craze and we never looked back. Taylor also cooks with butter and all varieties of my caramel corn are made with pure unsalted butter!!! Yummmy (say it like Brian Regan)

Melanie said...

I love butter, margarine is just not my thing! That was a good movie, I rented it last week while I was off and Jared was working. Good luck and share some good recipes!

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Loved that movie-makes me want to cook as well, and stock up on plenty of butter!
About your nursing/teeth post below: the best trick I've found is to push the baby's head into you right when they bite so they can't breathe. Then they're forced to let go to take a breath. Screaming, etc to startle them never worked for me but this did. Good luck...

Sarah said...

I have a delicious toffee recipe that calls for a stick or two of butter if you want to jump right in. It's on my food blog if you are interested.
Bravo for butter!

Jill said...

I buy my butter at Costco in 4 lb packages...I think I use it MUCH faster than is healthy.

Yay for butter! I have some killer recipes for you!

Cami said...

I'm a fan.