Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Yarning, as Todd says

Over the weekend, I finished the baby afghan I started over Christmas break. I had put it away for a month or so and it was fun to get it out and complete the project. The yarn is especially soft and I can't wait to snuggle our little girl in the blanket. (It's still too weird to think I will actually HAVE the baby. I have just recently gotten used to the idea of being pregnant!) Not only are we excited to meet our baby, but by her nearly constant somersaulting, I can tell she is anxious to get out here too!

Oh yeah, thanks to Amber for teaching me how to do the zig-zag crochet pattern. Also, the title is referring to Todd's term for crocheting. I laugh every time I think about how he and his highschool buddies had a "yarning club." And they really did get together and crochet afghans! Ask him about it sometime, he's got more great details.

10 comments:

Hannah said...

That is so cute, Melody!!! I wish I could make something like that. I am not good at knitting/crocheting and am a perfectionist. (Not a good combo...) I love it, though...

Emily said...

You are so good at crocheting. Maybe you and Amber can give me a lesson. I have a problem keeping the stiches even. I love the colors as well. Why does evertyhing girl have to be pink? I can't wait to meet her.

Cami said...

We had a crochet club in college. We had plans for all sorts of paraphenalia, like bumper stickers that said, "Do U Crochet 2?" and "Hooked on Crochet," and conferences that had workshops like, "Sizzor Substitutes," and the like. Very fun. But I only know the one stitch. Your fuzzy zig-zag looks really fun.

Matt said...

I love the quilt. Your baby will be darlink in it.

And your story makes me love Todd even more, as if that were possible.

bjensen said...

Melody
I am impressed! It is really beautiful and will be so nice for the new baby. We're still planning on doing a shower in May. Bree's going to call you soon.

Amber said...

The real thanks goes to Gramother for teaching me! She is the crocheting queen and ever so helpful. Also, I think Todd was knitting because he remembers having two sticks-that is even harder! Anyway, I love it! It turned out so darling!

melody said...

Oh yes, knitting! Man, that seems way too hard for me. I can only handle one hook or needle, myself.

bjensen said...

How is May 12th for the shower? email me at belindajensena77@msn.com..I need your phone # and be thinking about a guest list..thanks!

Janice Graham said...

It turned out darlink, as Matt says. Good job. I remember crocheting a similar one in your same situation of life.

erika said...

Mel I want you to have the baby now!! That blanket is very much adorable--the zig zag reminds me of Charlie Brown...I am not sure why. But I love it! I want to see more pictures of the baby growing inside of you!