Thursday, June 24, 2010

I just have to document...

...that Gabe sat still on my lap through the entirety of Toy Story 3 yesterday. We wouldn't have attempted such a crazy thing (my boy normally won't sit still for more than a few seconds - especially on my lap) but Jonny's company was hosting "An Afternoon at the Movies," so we thought we'd see how long he'd last.

I figured Julia would be fine, which she was. (And she loved the movie. She was extremely concerned that Woody lost his hat, and extremely relieved when he found it.) But Gabe? I thought he might make it through the previews if I fed him popcorn constantly, then whine and fuss to get down, walk around the dark theater yelling, and then he and I would make our early exit. So you can imagine my surprise when he sat almost completely still as soon as the the lights dimmed. He didn't even care much for popcorn. He was only a little scared at some loud parts, and clapped at other parts.

I was thrilled to get to stay and watch the darling, hilarious, and quite touching movie. (I laughed out loud dozens of times. And "Big Baby" reminded me of Gabe, especially as he is walking now and moves clumsily and slowly. So naturally there may have been a tear in my eye when the doll says "Mama" toward the end.) Most of all, though, I loved holding my big baby in my arms for almost two hours. That really is something to document.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! We've been wanting to see it, but are just waiting for the right opportunity as far as the baby's schedule is concerned. Maybe we should just go and see if she does the same. :)

Jill said...

It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised by your kiddos. I'm glad Gabe behaved so his mama could snuggle him for two hours AND watch a movie. Lucky you!

By the way, those pictures of Julia are breathtaking...she is such a doll!

Cami said...

It is a strange and mysterious thing to me what happened to you in that theater. But AWESOME!

Drew said...

YAY! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy it without distractions. We are going to see it again this week with Julie's brother and his familyyyy!

Megan and Taj said...

Wow..that makes me want to take my big baby... I totally made that connection with Harrison as well. Didn't you just love it.