Monday, June 8, 2009

Missing you, Grandpa

My Grandpa Scott passed away on Saturday. When he was diagnosed with cancer a year and a half ago, I was devastated. I just couldn't imagine life without Grandpa. But over the past several months, I have had time to accept the fact that he would move on soon. In this time, I've also thought about how much I admire, respect, and love Grandpa. And I'm not the only one. He was loved by so many. And now he is missed by so many. I'm thankful for the hundreds of memories I have of happy times with Grandpa Scott. I wish I could write them all here, or that they were all captured in pictures. But this will have to do, and that's okay, because I'll never forget Grandpa and his obvious love for life. And I'll never forget all the times I heard him laugh, or as my mom says, "roar."

I love you, Grandpa


I don't want to take my Grandpa's blog off my blog roll. I plan on revisiting his intelligent, witty, and inspired posts often. I always looked forward to his posts, and I'm so glad I can now always look back on them and remember Grandpa through his carefully written words and "humble opinion."

6 comments:

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

I love him!!! Your pictures are so great....He will be really missed

linnylou said...

i'm so sorry to hear he passed away, but it wonderful that you are so strong. thank goodness for the plan of salvation and eternal families. i hope you and yours are doing ok! love ya

Cami said...

Love the pics. Lovely post.

Sarah said...

I will miss you too Grandpa Scott - thanks for letting me come stay at your house and taking me skiing! Thanks for being such a nice man!

Anonymous said...

It's so sad to see uncle Scott go. Awesome pics.

Jill said...

very sweet tribute mel. He seems like a neat man!