We were planning on inducing today and were expecting a call between 6 and 9 this morning. Needless to say, we were waking up often in the night in anticipation. Right around 3am Melody jumped out of bed and said, "Jonny, my water broke." This was great news as we were hoping he'd want to come on his own.
I called our next-door neighbor, Shane, and he came over until Amber could come get Julia. Thanks, dude! Melody wasn't contracting yet, but I loved the excuse to speed anyway and got to the hospital in no time.
Melody was in labor until about 7:30 when it was time to push. Gabe was posterior which extended the pushing time a bit, but the Dr. was great and with some convincing Gabe was delivered. Melody was absolutely great.
Julia played a little with Gabe, and we're excited to see how they interact when we get him home.
Melody and Gabe will likely be in the hospital until tomorrow afternoon/evening and would LOVE to have any visitors. Just be sure to call her or me to get the room # and code.
And now, finally, some pictures...
Oh yeah... stats: 8lbs 12oz & 19.5in
29 comments:
congrats!!! we were thinking of you two all day today. so happy for your family of FOUR!
How Awesome!!! Congratulations to all of you! We are hoping to be right behind you... soon! Thank you for sharing.
BEAUTIFUL boy! Just gorgeous, and I really love that you gave him a middle name after his daddy. Melody, you're an inspiration!
He looks so alert and together in the pictures. He's just darling! You know that I'm just itching to meet the little guy. Hope to see you really soon!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!
Congratulations you guys! How exciting! He is a cute little guy. Can't wait to see all of you.
Congrats! What a cutie!
Melody, My mom called me this morning to tell me the wonderful news! Congrats! I will tell Landon about his name- since he tells everyone that is what we are naming our baby (we aren't though:))
He is also the SAME size as my 2nd child! crazy! He is darling! Great pics! Hope all is well!
Congrats! He is adorable! Way to go Melody on having a nearly 9 pound baby posterior. It will be so much fun when you all get home.
Congrats! He looks like Julia! Can't wait to meet him!
Yeah Melody! He is beautiful...Congratulations!
Congrats on such a handsome little man...He looks like an angel, and juju looks like such a proud big sister!
I can't wait to meet little Gabe in person, I will be there in a few weeks to visit...let's make sure and get together!!
Oh, how I've been waiting for these pictures. I couldn't stop thinking about little Gabe, and how cute me must be. And I was right! How could he NOT be. He looks SO much like his big sister when she was born. We are in for a heart-breaker.
Oh how I can't wait to squeeze the whole family during this occasion.
I love you already Gabe! I'll see you soon.
What a sweetheart! Congratulations Melody & Jonny--I hope everything continues to go well in the transition. He's a cutie, and I love his name.
congrats!!! he is so cute! i think he looks a lot like julia!
I loved how you show Julia the baby parts-- nose, eyes, feet! I'm happy for three of you-- new baby!!
congrats! He is so cute! I love the picture of Melody kissing him.
Great job. You guys look great.
great work! congrats!
so cute! he is a handsome boy, and those are some super cute pictures. we can't wait to meet him! congratulations!!!
YEAAAAAH MELODY AND JONNY!!! CONGRATS!!! Gabe is so handsome! I really love those pictures!!! All four of you look so great!!!! ;) We were thinking of you four all day all nite just because we are so happy for you all. We hope to see you all very soon!! Give Gabe and Julia my hugs and kisses!! LOVE you all
Congrats you guys he's beautiful!!!
He is so cute! Congrats to your family!
He is so cute! THat was a big baby to deliver for such a petite person. Way to go Melody! Plus being posterior!
You deserve a medal!
Oh my gosh, he's adorable! I can't believe he decided to come on his own! I can't wait to come visit! I'll be calling you! Congrats!
he's so beautiful and handsome! what a precious thing! congrats!
Congrats!!! I am so excited and happy for you!
What a beautiful little baby boy! Congratulations. I'm glad everyone's healthy a feeling well.
He is a pretty dang cute little guy! Thanks for letting Shane and I come take a peek yesterday!
so I will be in utah from the 13th to the 23rd of june. I would love to help throw a shower for emily if you need it! call me when things settle down and we can chat and make plans.
oh he is so dang cute! Congrats! hope to maybe see him before he is almost two! lol :)
Post a Comment