Monday, March 9, 2009

Score of Love

Jonny and I both love to win. So when the points are tallied and we have a tie, I consider it the best of both worlds. And when this happens, there is never tie breaker. We call it the "Score of Love."

We have recently experienced several Scores of Love. One of the most exciting happened a few weeks ago at Trafalga. (Has anyone else been there lately? They have remodeled the indoor course with an ocean theme in neon paint and black lights. Slightly ghetto? Yes. But really fun and nostalgic nonetheless!) Jonny must have been having an off-day with his putting skills, and it looked like I was uncharacteristicly going to win at minigolf. As much as I do love to win, I was overjoyed when he tallied our points only to find a Score of Love! (I won't say what the score was, since it is really nothing to brag about.) This seemed very appropriate since we were out for Valentine's Weekend.

Two more Scores of Love happened just yesterday. My sister Lili and husband Jeff were over for dinner and fun. We played their awesome game Who? What? Where? and ended up with two ties. Lili and Jeff had a Score of Love just two points above Jonny's and mine! As if this wasn't coincidental enough, the final tally of our Taboo game was yet another Score of Love. Incredible. Just had to document it.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I kinda wish we could settle with a score of love - we go for the tie breaker - which usually ends in Shane winning and me angry because he didn't let me win.

Marianne said...

Bring on Yahtzee or Mad Gab. No scores of love. We will win. Isn't it so nice when there's a clear winner? :)

Emily said...

Oh, so much love to go around. There isn't much competition around here, so I guess you could say that love is abounding. How funny though. I have to get that w.w.w. game. It's an awesome one.

Unknown said...

lol we normally go for the tie breaker too! and most of the time when I win or he does we say no best out of five! he he!

Cami said...

NICE! I love the score of love. That's why Jake and I started playing Rock band and things instead of battling in Guitar Hero. Much better to both win. :)

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday Jonny! i guess considering it was your birthday in less than 12 hours we should have been a little kinder in Mad Gab... It was all because of the Jimmy Stewart comment.

Jonny said...

We want a new post
we want a new post
we want a new post

melody said...

Go for it, Love

Lili and Jeff said...

We totally planned on that score of love, because you probably would never invite us over if we beat you at Taboo, eh? Ha ha, just kidding. Thanks for the fun times!