Friday, May 2, 2008

"...not even the chair..."

I am a big Neal Diamond fan (especially since Jonny has introduced me to much more than just "We're Comin' to America"). I was excited for the contestants on American Idol to sing his classic stuff. (Yes, we are into this season. Really, it's our first season. I believe it will come down to the Davids. Archuletta is amazing, but David Cook is my favorite and has been for several weeks.) But I must admit, I hoped no one would sing "I Am, I Said" because of one lyric that I just can't take seriously:

"I am, I said. To no one there. And no one heard at all, not even the chair."

Maybe this is supposed to be really profound. I always think it's just silly! Anyway, Brooke White did a good job of the song, despite that ridiculous line that seems it was only placed there to make a rhyme.

Speaking of chairs, Julia loves climbing on them. They kept her quite entertained at Nana's for some time.
And this is how she sometimes sits in the high chair at Nana's.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Yes! I win as the first comment. That line doesn't make much sense, but Todd says that you take creative liberties when writing a song to make people think!! Maybe that is what happenend there...

Emily said...

I had no idea you were such a fan. I am convinced that no one can really make a Neal Diamond song shine, except the man himself. None of them did that great. And I never really knew those lyrics. We thought Randy was so dumb when he was saying it is a hard song because of all the octave. Hello, they were sixths, not octaves.

Anyway, Julie is soooooo cute in her shorts.

Cami said...

What a cute funny chair girl. I agree about that line. Also, what's with ANYONE singing Coming to America. Only Neil should.

Marianne said...

Ha ha she (Julia) is so darling... and I was so sad when Brooke got voted off. She was my favorite. And this is the very first season we have tuned in; (although its been about half the time) I'm not impressed with their artist choices.

PS: Paul fixed my watch. He couldn't believe Julia's jaw strength.

Jill said...

I am no fan of american idol but I have to say that julia is such a cute little peanut. She gets cuter everytime you post a picture!

Marc, Kelly & Kristen said...

Julia is looking soooo cute! Her hair sure is growing in quick. I think David Archuletta is going to win.

Drew said...

Hey now, Kab Lia, to be fair, sometimes chairs make the very best of listeners and confidants (HA, jk). I was actually kind of disappointed with the themes this year, but I guess I want Dave Cook to win. Archuleta's life will be ruined by fame forever if he wins. Too young. I guess it's ruined either way.

And I recall you taking that picture of her in the high chair here! What a silly girl. Come over!

James and Danielle said...

Julia looks so summer-y in her shorts, too cute. Good to know she can kick back and relax in the high chair!